"Evaluation expired [37]" when launching Trados Studio 2019essage

Hi, I've been using Trados Studio 2019 since 2020, but when I launch it on my computer, the error message "Evaluation expired [37]" is now being thrown in the activation window. I checked my RWS account and it is written : "Expiry date : no expiry date". I was working on an urgent file and I'm now blocked. Could someone help me asap? Many thanks beforehand.

Raphael

emoji
  • Hello Raphael,

I understand that you're experiencing an "Evaluation expired [37]" error when launching Trados Studio 2019, despite your RWS account showing no expiry date. This issue might be due to the end date set in the Safe Net License Manager (Wlm Admin). Here's how you can resolve this:

Step 1: Launch the Safe Net License Manager (Wlm Admin) on your server. Expand Subnet servers > your server name > click on either "Allow TQA 2019 / 2021 / 2022" or "Professional Edition 2019 / 2021 / 2022". Check if the End Date under Detailed information has an actual date inserted or if it mentions "License has no expiration date".

Step 2: If there is an actual end date inserted, you will need to raise a support ticket asking for a license reset for your Trados Studio Network license.

Step 3: After the license reset has been confirmed in the support ticket and your license is available in your RWS account, remove the expired license information from the server. Ensure that all RWS products are closed. Follow the steps provided in the context to rename the necessary folders and files.

Step 4: Open Safe Net License Manager (Wlm Admin) and check if the "Allow TQA 2019 / 2021 / 2022" or "Professional Edition 2019 / 2021 / 2022" features are still listed under Subnet servers > your server name. If they are, right-click on each of them and select "Remove Feature".

Step 5: Activate your Trados Studio Network license again using the Online or Offline activation procedure.

Step 6: Launch Trados Studio 2019 again on your machine and reconnect it to the license server.

Please follow these steps carefully and let me know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

TradosAI

emoji