Exporting filtered segments (e.g. Unique Occurrences filter) from multiple files to a single sdlxliff file

Hello,

I am a big fan of the Advanced Filters in Studio, which allow all kinds of different filters.

One of my favourite features is that it allows us to export the filtered segments to a sdlxliff file. The export usually is incredibly fast.

However, to my knowledge, it is impossible to export the filtered segments from multiple files opened in the Editor view (using QuickMerge) to a single sdlxliff file.

Am I mistaken? If it indeed impossible, is there any plan to make this enhancement to the feature? And is there any way we could achieve this, e.g. exporting the content that matches the Unique Occurrences filter (under Repetitions section) for multiple sdlxliff files to a single sdlxliff?

Thanks for the help!

Émile

emoji
Parents
  • Hello Émile,

You're correct that the Advanced Display Filter in Trados Studio 2021 provides a wide range of filtering options, including the ability to export filtered segments to an SDLXLIFF file. However, exporting filtered segments from multiple files into a single SDLXLIFF file is not directly supported in the current version of Trados Studio.

But there's a workaround you can use with the help of the studioViews app. Here's how you can do it:

Step 1: Open all the files you want to export in the Editor view.

Step 2: Use the Advanced Display Filter to apply the Unique Occurrences filter.

Step 3: Click on studioViews in the View ribbon.

Step 4: Use the "Export" options in the studioViews app to export the visible segments as an SDLXLIFF file.

This will create a single SDLXLIFF file containing the filtered segments from all the opened files. Please note that this is a workaround and may not work perfectly in all situations.

As for future enhancements to this feature, I don't have specific information at this time. However, Trados Studio is always evolving, and user feedback plays a significant role in that process. So, your suggestion is very valuable.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

TradosAI

emoji
  • This works well, I had never used studioViews before, and it looks very promising.

emoji
Reply Children
No Data