Editor colours not restored from profile

Hi everyone!

On my laptop I changed the colours of the editor (Options->colors). Then I backep up my profile.

I loaded the laptop profile on my desktop. The keyboard shortcuts have been updated but the colours have not.

Are the colours stored in the profile?

If yes, how come they were not restored in Studio on my desktop?

Any idea?

Thanks for your help Slight smile

emoji
Parents
  • Hello,

Yes, the colors are indeed stored in the profile. However, sometimes, due to various reasons, they might not get restored when you load the profile on a different machine. Here's a step-by-step guide on how you can ensure that your color settings are saved and restored correctly:

Step 1: Go to File > Setup > User Profiles in Trados Studio on your laptop.

Step 2: Select the profile that you want to backup and click on 'Export'. Save the .sdlftsettings file to a location of your choice.

Step 3: Transfer this .sdlftsettings file to your desktop.

Step 4: On your desktop, go to File > Setup > User Profiles in Trados Studio.

Step 5: Click on 'Import' and select the .sdlftsettings file that you transferred from your laptop.

Step 6: Make sure that the imported profile is selected in the 'Active Profile' dropdown menu.

If the colors are still not restored, it might be due to a glitch in the software. In such a case, I would recommend resetting your Trados Studio settings to default and then try importing the profile again.

Remember, it's always a good idea to backup your settings regularly, especially before making any major changes to your Trados Studio setup.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

TradosAI

emoji
  • Hello,

Yes, the colors are indeed stored in the profile. However, sometimes, due to various reasons, they might not get restored when you load the profile on a different machine. Here's a step-by-step guide on how you can ensure that your color settings are saved and restored correctly:

Step 1: Go to File > Setup > User Profiles in Trados Studio on your laptop.

Step 2: Select the profile that you want to backup and click on 'Export'. Save the .sdlftsettings file to a location of your choice.

Step 3: Transfer this .sdlftsettings file to your desktop.

Step 4: On your desktop, go to File > Setup > User Profiles in Trados Studio.

Step 5: Click on 'Import' and select the .sdlftsettings file that you transferred from your laptop.

Step 6: Make sure that the imported profile is selected in the 'Active Profile' dropdown menu.

If the colors are still not restored, it might be due to a glitch in the software. In such a case, I would recommend resetting your Trados Studio settings to default and then try importing the profile again.

Remember, it's always a good idea to backup your settings regularly, especially before making any major changes to your Trados Studio setup.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

TradosAI

emoji
Children
No Data