Recycle bin error

Hello, 

Today I received a message while trying to open a package to work at Trados that said something like "could not retrieve file from recycle bin".

I don't understand, I did not delete anything, and already tried to uninstall Trados and install it again.

Does someone know how to solve this? Or what's causing this error?

emoji
Parents
  • Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. The error message you're seeing might be due to a problem with the file path or a temporary file issue. Here's a step-by-step guide to help you resolve this:

Step 1: Check if the file you're trying to open is in the correct location. If it's not, move it to the correct folder.

Step 2: If the file is in the correct location, try to rename it back to its original name if it was previously renamed.

Step 3: If the problem persists, try to restore the files from a backup if one exists.

Step 4: Copy the source bilingual file in Windows Explorer, into the target folder, and then use the Pre-translate batch task to translate the content.

Step 5: If none of the above steps work, it might be a temporary file issue. In this case, try to clear your temporary files. You can do this by typing "%temp%" into your Windows search bar, pressing enter, and then deleting the files in the folder that appears.

Step 6: If the issue still persists, you might need to reinstall Trados Studio. Make sure to uninstall it first, restart your computer, and then install it again.

I hope these steps help you resolve the issue. If you continue to experience problems, please let us know.

Best regards,

TradosAI

emoji
  • I have done all of the suggested things, and it still doesn't solve the issue.

emoji
Reply Children