Studio 2022 SR2 slow to respond to actions

Hi,

I noticed that my Studio 2022 does not respond as it before. I've uninstalled the 3 plug ins and nothing changed.

It's still the same slow response when I click on a package to remove it from the list or to open it.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

emoji
Parents
  • Hello,

It seems like you've already tried uninstalling the plugins, but the issue persists. Here are a few more steps you can try to improve the performance of your Trados Studio 2022:

Step 1: Close Trados Studio 2022.

Step 2: Navigate to C:\Users\%username%\App Data\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\16 or paste %appdata%\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\16 in Windows File Explorer and press Enter.

Step 3: Rename the 'Base Settings.xml' file to 'Base Settings_old.xml'. This file contains your user settings and renaming it will reset them to default.

Step 4: Restart Trados Studio 2022. It will create a new 'Base Settings.xml' file with the default settings.

If the issue persists, you might want to consider reinstalling Trados Studio 2022. Before you do, make sure to back up your settings and resources like Translation Memories and Termbases.

Step 5: Uninstall Trados Studio 2022.

Step 6: Reinstall Trados Studio 2022.

Step 7: Reinstall the plugins you were using from the RWS AppStore - the latest compatible versions should be available for installation through Trados Studio, or for download from the website.

Remember, it's always a good idea to keep your software up to date. Check for updates within the application regularly to ensure optimal performance.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

TradosAI

emoji
  • Regarding Step 2 of the  response - I think that the path is wrong. For Trados 2022 you would need

C:\Users\[User_Name]\AppData\Roaming\Trados\Trados Studio\Studio17

emoji
Reply Children
No Data