Random non-functioning of shortcuts and MT pre-translation in Studio 2022

Recently, I've been experience numerous occasions where after opening a file in Trados Studio 2022 the shortcuts Ctrl+Enter and Ctrl+Shift+Enter do not work. Only options then are to use the right-click menu or to relaunch Trados Studio. In the latter case, the shortcut functionality always re-appears like magic. 
Another very annoying issue is that rather often the MT pre-translation skips certain segment during pre-translation, meaning they are left empty. There is apparently no possibility to then fetch the MT translation from DeepL e.g., so the only options left are to either translate from scratch or to copy the source segment to DeepL, translate there and paste it back to Trados Studio, meaning you loose any tagging. Both options are of course very time-consuming and frustrating. 

Are other people experience the same issues, and/or does anyone know how to solve either issue? Any tips are very welcome!

emoji
  • Hello,

I understand that you're experiencing issues with shortcuts and MT pre-translation in Trados Studio 2022. Here are some steps you can take to resolve these issues:

Step 1: For the shortcut issue, it seems like there might be a conflict with the DeepL for Windows app. You can try disabling the shortcut in the settings of the DeepL app. This should resolve the problem in Trados Studio.

Step 2: For the MT pre-translation issue, it's possible that the segments being skipped are not recognized by the MT engine. You can try adjusting the settings of your MT provider or use a different MT provider to see if this resolves the issue.

Step 3: If the issues persist, you might want to consider updating your Trados Studio 2022 to the latest version. You can check for updates within the application.

I hope these steps help you resolve the issues you're facing. If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

TradosAI

emoji