Export file srt only with 1 kb pls help!

I have translated several SRT files in one project, I tried exporting them all in the end but one of the files only has 1 kb and is only with the first translated sentence instead of the size that it should have and the rest of the translated sentences. What can I do?

emoji
  • Hello,

I understand that you're having trouble with exporting a translated SRT file in Trados Studio. The file size is smaller than expected and it only contains the first translated sentence. This issue might be due to a problem with the export process or the file itself. Here's what you can do to troubleshoot:

Step 1: Check the SRT file

Open the problematic SRT file in a text editor to see if the rest of the translations are there. If they are, the issue might be with the export process.

Step 2: Re-export the SRT file

Try to re-export the SRT file. Make sure you're using the correct settings for exporting SRT files in Trados Studio.

Step 3: Check the project settings

Ensure that the project settings are correct. The settings should match the source and target languages of your SRT files.

Step 4: Create a new project

If the issue persists, try creating a new project and import the SRT files again. Then, translate and export the files.

Step 5: Update Trados Studio

Make sure your Trados Studio is up-to-date. You can check for updates within the application.

If none of these steps solve the issue, it might be a more complex problem that requires further investigation. In such a case, you might need to reach out to a Trados Studio expert or a professional translator who is familiar with Trados Studio and SRT files.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji