Google Docs and Trados

Hello,

I received a Google doc for translation. The document is a table with several columns for different languages. I want to upload only the column with the English text to be translated.

How can I do this in Trados?

Thank you!

emoji
Parents
  • Hello,

To translate a specific column from a Google Doc in Trados Studio, you can follow these steps:

Step 1: Open your Google Doc and select the column with the English text you want to translate.

Step 2: Copy the selected text (Ctrl+C).

Step 3: Open a new Word document and paste the copied text (Ctrl+V).

Step 4: Save the Word document.

Step 5: Open Trados Studio and create a new project or open an existing one.

Step 6: Add the Word document to your project.

Step 7: Translate the text as you normally would in Trados Studio.

Step 8: Once you've finished translating, generate the translated document.

Step 9: Open the translated Word document, select all the text (Ctrl+A), and copy it (Ctrl+C).

Step 10: Go back to your Google Doc and paste the translated text into the corresponding column.

Please note that this process involves manual copying and pasting. If you frequently need to translate text from Google Docs, you might want to consider using a tool like SDL T-Window for Clipboard from the RWS AppStore. This tool can help streamline the process of translating text from various applications, including Google Docs.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
  • Hello,

To translate a specific column from a Google Doc in Trados Studio, you can follow these steps:

Step 1: Open your Google Doc and select the column with the English text you want to translate.

Step 2: Copy the selected text (Ctrl+C).

Step 3: Open a new Word document and paste the copied text (Ctrl+V).

Step 4: Save the Word document.

Step 5: Open Trados Studio and create a new project or open an existing one.

Step 6: Add the Word document to your project.

Step 7: Translate the text as you normally would in Trados Studio.

Step 8: Once you've finished translating, generate the translated document.

Step 9: Open the translated Word document, select all the text (Ctrl+A), and copy it (Ctrl+C).

Step 10: Go back to your Google Doc and paste the translated text into the corresponding column.

Please note that this process involves manual copying and pasting. If you frequently need to translate text from Google Docs, you might want to consider using a tool like SDL T-Window for Clipboard from the RWS AppStore. This tool can help streamline the process of translating text from various applications, including Google Docs.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
Children