Trados Studio 2022 on ARM processor

I am wondering if anyone is running Trados Studio on a Surface Pro 9. I am considering buying the new Surface Pro 11th edition with the Qualcom Snapdragon Elite processor.

Can I get Trados to work with the Microsoft Emulator on this new Windows ARM PC.

emoji
Parents
  • Hello,

Trados Studio is designed to work on Intel or compatible CPU-based computers. The system requirements you've mentioned are indeed correct. However, as of now, there is no official support or testing done for Trados Studio on ARM-based processors like the Qualcomm Snapdragon Elite in the Surface Pro 11th edition.

While it might be possible to run Trados Studio on an ARM-based system using an emulator, it's important to note that this is not officially supported. This means that while it might work, there could be potential issues or limitations that aren't present on a supported system.

If you're considering purchasing a new device specifically for running Trados Studio, I would recommend choosing a device that meets the recommended system requirements to ensure the best performance and compatibility.

I hope this information helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
  • Hello,

Trados Studio is designed to work on Intel or compatible CPU-based computers. The system requirements you've mentioned are indeed correct. However, as of now, there is no official support or testing done for Trados Studio on ARM-based processors like the Qualcomm Snapdragon Elite in the Surface Pro 11th edition.

While it might be possible to run Trados Studio on an ARM-based system using an emulator, it's important to note that this is not officially supported. This means that while it might work, there could be potential issues or limitations that aren't present on a supported system.

If you're considering purchasing a new device specifically for running Trados Studio, I would recommend choosing a device that meets the recommended system requirements to ensure the best performance and compatibility.

I hope this information helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
Children