Cannot open the file parcel in the format of wsxz with Trados.

I cannot open the file parcel in the format of wsxz with Trados. When directly clicking it to open it or open it in Trados, it will be presented in Windows notebook and there appears to be garbled message. What should I do to solve the problem? 

Trados Studio interface with a message indicating an error related to file opening, with untranslated text in the message area.

Text editor window displaying garbled text, suggesting a file encoding or content issue when opening a wsxz file.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: RWS Community AI at 9:01 AM (GMT 1) on 3 Jun 2024]
emoji
  •  

It sounds as though your file associations in Windows are not setup correctly.  You didn't mention the version of Studio you are using, and this is very important to answer this question properly, so for the time being I will assume you have either got an old version of Studio, or you have a new one and you have also installed the Worldserver Compatibility Pack for Trados Studio which is needed for versions of Studio 2021 and above.  Given this run a repair of Studio to try and fix the file associations.

In the meantime I would recommend you stop using the double click method for opening packages.  There are menus items for this in Trados Studio and using them always avoids problems linked to windows.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji