Cannot open the file parcel in the format of wsxz with Trados

I cannot open the file parcel in the format of wsxz with Trados. When directly clicking it to open it or open it in Traods, it will be presented in Windows notebook and there appears to be garbled message. What should do to solve the problem?

emoji
Parents Reply
  •  

Perhaps it's just file association?  In windows you could try changing the application associated with this application so that double clicking the package opens in Studio.

Having said that I think it's safer to always open the package from Studio.  I have seen many translators double-clicking a package to open it and sometimes overwriting work they had done because they assumed they were working in the package, and not a project created by the package.  If you start from Studio then you'll just open the project to work on it after the initial action of opening the package and therefore have a consistent approach to working with all projects in Trados.  But that's just the way my mind works... safety first.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
Children
No Data