PowerPoint presentations

Hello everyone! 

I have to translate a ppt file on Trados Studio 2021 and I have a couple of questions regarding this task. 

First of all, I would like to ask how can I translate images containing text. I tried to select the option to extract embedded content in the FileType settings, but these photos are not extracted for translation. Second, I would like to know how can I exclude from translation a given number of slides. 

Thank you very much for your answers!

Federico 

emoji
  • Hello Federico,

I'm glad to assist you with your queries about translating a PowerPoint file in Trados Studio 2021.

1. Translating Images Containing Text: Trados Studio does not directly support the translation of text within images. You would need to manually extract the text from the images, translate it, and then insert it back into the images. Alternatively, you can use OCR (Optical Character Recognition) tools to extract the text from the images, translate the extracted text in Trados Studio, and then replace the original text in the images with the translated text.

2. Excluding Slides from Translation: You can exclude specific slides from translation by hiding them in PowerPoint before importing the file into Trados Studio. Here's how you can do it:

Step 1: Open your PowerPoint file.

Step 2: In the slides pane on the left, select the slide you want to hide.

Step 3: Right-click the selected slide and choose 'Hide Slide'.

Step 4: Save your PowerPoint file and then import it into Trados Studio.

By default, Trados Studio does not extract hidden slides for translation. However, if you have previously changed this setting and Trados Studio is extracting hidden slides, you can revert to the default setting by going to File > Options > File Types > Microsoft PowerPoint 2007-2019 > Common and unticking the option 'Hidden content (shapes and slides)'. Then, re-open the PowerPoint source file in Trados Studio.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji