Can I convert bi-lingual reviews if I do not have the original Studio project?

Hello all,

Situation: Someone has just sent me bi-lingual review files (resulting from work which was done a long time ago).

Task/Request:
"All fine. Now please convert back into the original formats and deliver the final work."

Problem: The original (and very old) project was deleted in the meantime, so there is nothing to import back into.

Question:
Are there any ways I can
- convert a bi-lingual review file to .xliff?
- then import that .xliff file into a newly created project?
(in order to then 
export to, in this case Word and PowerPoint files)

Any help, esp. a solution, :-), would be appreciated

Regards,

Matthijs/Matthew van Hoorn

emoji
Parents
  •  

Do you have the original source files at least?  If you don't then the answer is simply no.

If you do then you could try creating new projects and then export for bilingual review.  Presumably this would be fully translated from your Translation Memories at least?  Then replace the target content in yor new bilingual files with the target content from the old ones you were sent.  Then update from bilingual review and save the target files.

Or, take your approach.  Just copy the content of the bi-lingual review files into Excel, convert to TMX and use as a Translation Memory to review the new project.

Probably other solutions as well... but all revolving around this sort of approach I think.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
  •  

Do you have the original source files at least?  If you don't then the answer is simply no.

If you do then you could try creating new projects and then export for bilingual review.  Presumably this would be fully translated from your Translation Memories at least?  Then replace the target content in yor new bilingual files with the target content from the old ones you were sent.  Then update from bilingual review and save the target files.

Or, take your approach.  Just copy the content of the bi-lingual review files into Excel, convert to TMX and use as a Translation Memory to review the new project.

Probably other solutions as well... but all revolving around this sort of approach I think.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
Children