MultiTerm 2022 cannot even open sample termbase, shows version not supported

Hi there,

I have started to use Trados 2022 Freelance and Multiterm 2022 recently. However, I do not seem to be able to open any termbase, not even the sample termbase included in the original files. I cannot create a termbase when I create a new project in Trados either. 

I have tried disabling sync with Onedrive or Google Drive, and there is no special character in the path. 

Can anyone help please? Thank you.

Best regards,

Jian

emoji
  • Hello Jian,

I understand that you're having trouble opening a termbase in MultiTerm 2022. I'm here to help you with that.

Based on your description, it seems like there might be an issue with the termbase file itself. Here's a step-by-step guide to help you fix this:

Step 1: Create a backup of the termbase file. This is to ensure you have a copy in case anything goes wrong.

Step 2: Rename the termbase .sdltb file by adding the extension .mdb. The file name should now look like this: termbasename.sdltb.mdb.

Step 3: Open the file in Microsoft Access 2003 or later. If you don't have Microsoft Access, you can download a trial version from the Microsoft website.

Step 4: Allow Microsoft Access to automatically fix any issues existing in the file.

Step 5: Save and close Microsoft Access.

Step 6: Rename the file by removing the extension .mdb. The file name should now be back to its original format: termbasename.sdltb.

After following these steps, your termbase should be fixed and you should be able to open it in MultiTerm 2022 and attach it to a project in Trados Studio 2022.

If you're still having trouble after trying these steps, it might be a good idea to reinstall MultiTerm 2022 and Trados Studio 2022 to ensure you have the latest versions and all necessary updates.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
  •  

I think you need to be more specific, so we know what you are doing…

Is your issue related to opening termbases in MultiTerm? In Trados Studio? In both applications?

What are the steps you followed to open the sample termbase?

Dis you get any error message?

Please post a screenshot where you can’t go ahead.

emoji
  • Hi Jesús Prieto,

Thank you for the reply. It is working now after unstalling and installing for several time and changing the language of my windows operating system to English.

Best regards,

Jian

emoji