Is there any way to see if a machine translation engine was linked to a project?

Hello,

is it possible to see if a machine translation engine was linked to a specific project?

If I open the related sdlxliff files in Notepad++ I can see sometimes references to Google or Deepl names. I am wondering though if there is any specific tag or track showing that any machine translation engine was linked to Trados projects.

emoji
Parents
  • Hello,

Yes, it is possible to check if a machine translation engine was linked to a specific project in Trados Studio. However, this information is not stored in the sdlxliff files, but in the project settings file (.sdlproj). Here are the steps to check this:

Step 1: Make sure to create a backup of your project before proceeding.

Step 2: Locate the .sdlproj file for your project. This is usually in the project's root directory.

Step 3: Open the .sdlproj file in a text editor like Notepad++.

Step 4: Search for the tag <Setting Id="TranslationProviderConfiguration">. This tag contains the information about the translation providers used in the project.

Step 5: If a machine translation engine was used, you should see a reference to it within this tag. For example, if Google Translate was used, you might see a reference to "GoogleTranslate".

Please note that the specific tag or reference may vary depending on the machine translation engine used. Also, remember to save any changes you make and reopen the project in Trados Studio.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
  • Hello,

Yes, it is possible to check if a machine translation engine was linked to a specific project in Trados Studio. However, this information is not stored in the sdlxliff files, but in the project settings file (.sdlproj). Here are the steps to check this:

Step 1: Make sure to create a backup of your project before proceeding.

Step 2: Locate the .sdlproj file for your project. This is usually in the project's root directory.

Step 3: Open the .sdlproj file in a text editor like Notepad++.

Step 4: Search for the tag <Setting Id="TranslationProviderConfiguration">. This tag contains the information about the translation providers used in the project.

Step 5: If a machine translation engine was used, you should see a reference to it within this tag. For example, if Google Translate was used, you might see a reference to "GoogleTranslate".

Please note that the specific tag or reference may vary depending on the machine translation engine used. Also, remember to save any changes you make and reopen the project in Trados Studio.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
Children
No Data