Enabling AT in Trados Studio for localized elements

I am setting up a project in Trados 2022 with many numbers which need to be localized for French. I would like to lock the segments with numbers to exclude them from translation and word count. However, Automated Translation doesn’t seem to have been enabled, and localized numbers only show in the target column when you click on the segment. How can I enable AT so that all localized numbers are shown in the target column?

Screenshot of Trados Studio interface showing a project with segments containing numbers. The 'CM' column indicates locked segments, and the 'AT' column is not enabled.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: RWS Community AI at 6:00 AM (GMT 1) on 15 Jun 2024]
emoji
Parents
  •  

I see 2 questions here:

Question 1:

I would like to lock the segments with numbers to exclude them from translation and word count.

Very easily. Use the Advanced Display Filter. Within the Filter Attributes tab you can filter based on Number only segments 
    Screenshot of Trados Studio Advanced Display Filter 2.0 with 'Number Only' selected under Segment Content in the Filter Attributes tab.

From there you can batch select your filtered segments (click on first segment hold the shift key and click on the last segment) and lock all the number only segments
    Context menu in Trados Studio showing options including 'Copy Source to Target' and 'Lock Segments' for a segment with the number 0.6.Trados Studio interface showing a list of segments with warnings for 'Other' and 'Missing' in the target column, indicating potential issues.

When running the Analysis make sure you have: Exclude locked segments from analysis enabled
    Settings window in Trados Studio with 'Exclude locked segments from analysis' checked under Analyze Files Settings.

The result of the report should show 2, which represents segments 4 and 8

Question 2: 

How can I enable AT so that all localized numbers are shown in the target column

Regardless of working with a TM or now, 99.9% of the time it wont show as blue AT.
    Because Trados Studio/TM knows what its doing, based on your TM settings as well as your  "Auto Substitution" settings.
    In fact the minute you confirm the first segment - the rest will be auto propagated resulting in a green 100%
    Trados Studio translation segment view showing segments with 100% match and a tooltip indicating the status as 'Draft' and origin as 'Auto-propagated'.

To address this comment you mentioned:

so that all localized numbers are shown in the target column

Well that is done either interactively via auto-propagation or via Batch Tasks -> Pre-Translate
    As your screen print does not show auto-propagation of segments despite you have confirmed segment 113 and 114, please check: File -> Options -> Editor -> Auto-propagation and ensure "Enable Auto-propagation" is enabled.

I hope this helps

Lyds

Lydia Simplicio | RWS Group

_______
    Design your own training!

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: RWS Community AI at 11:34 AM (GMT 1) on 3 Jul 2024]
  •  

I see 2 questions here:

Question 1:

I would like to lock the segments with numbers to exclude them from translation and word count.

Very easily. Use the Advanced Display Filter. Within the Filter Attributes tab you can filter based on Number only segments 
    Screenshot of Trados Studio Advanced Display Filter 2.0 with 'Number Only' selected under Segment Content in the Filter Attributes tab.

From there you can batch select your filtered segments (click on first segment hold the shift key and click on the last segment) and lock all the number only segments
    Context menu in Trados Studio showing options including 'Copy Source to Target' and 'Lock Segments' for a segment with the number 0.6.Trados Studio interface showing a list of segments with warnings for 'Other' and 'Missing' in the target column, indicating potential issues.

When running the Analysis make sure you have: Exclude locked segments from analysis enabled
    Settings window in Trados Studio with 'Exclude locked segments from analysis' checked under Analyze Files Settings.

The result of the report should show 2, which represents segments 4 and 8

Question 2: 

How can I enable AT so that all localized numbers are shown in the target column

Regardless of working with a TM or now, 99.9% of the time it wont show as blue AT.
    Because Trados Studio/TM knows what its doing, based on your TM settings as well as your  "Auto Substitution" settings.
    In fact the minute you confirm the first segment - the rest will be auto propagated resulting in a green 100%
    Trados Studio translation segment view showing segments with 100% match and a tooltip indicating the status as 'Draft' and origin as 'Auto-propagated'.

To address this comment you mentioned:

so that all localized numbers are shown in the target column

Well that is done either interactively via auto-propagation or via Batch Tasks -> Pre-Translate
    As your screen print does not show auto-propagation of segments despite you have confirmed segment 113 and 114, please check: File -> Options -> Editor -> Auto-propagation and ensure "Enable Auto-propagation" is enabled.

I hope this helps

Lyds

Lydia Simplicio | RWS Group

_______
    Design your own training!

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: RWS Community AI at 11:34 AM (GMT 1) on 3 Jul 2024]
Children