Enabling Automated Translations for localized elements (numbers) in Trados Studio 2022

I am setting up a project in Trados 2022 with many numbers which need to be localized for French. I want to lock the segments with numbers to exclude them from translation and from word count. However, Automated Translation doesn’t seem to have been enabled, and localized numbers only show in the target column when you click on the specific segment. How can I enable AT to show localized numbers in all target segments?

Screenshot of Trados Studio interface showing a list of segments with numbers. The 'Automated Translation' icon is grayed out, indicating it is not enabled.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: RWS Community AI at 9:54 PM (GMT 1) on 17 Jun 2024]
emoji
  • Hello,

Based on your query, it seems you want to enable Automated Translation (AT) to show localized numbers in all target segments in Trados Studio 2022. Here's a step-by-step guide on how you can achieve this:

Step 1: Prepare your project and analyze it. You can use an empty Translation Memory (TM) for this step.

Step 2: Filter out all the segments that do not have number-only segments in them and lock them. You can use a regular expression like [a-zA-Z] to find anything that has letters in it, uppercase or lowercase.

Step 3: Once you have only the numbers left, you can allow Trados Studio to auto-localize them if appropriate, or copy source to target and search and replace as needed.

Step 4: Change the segment status to "Confirmed" for all the number-only segments so they don't get changed in error.

Step 5: Download the SDLXLIFF to Legacy Converter if you haven't already, and use this to convert all your files to TTX. Use the option that excludes locked segments.

Step 6: Run the application and save all the files that are exported as TTX.

Step 7: Add the TTX file to your project in Trados Studio and read the quick analysis here underneath the file.

Step 8: Analyze both TTX files together. They should add up to the original file.

Please note that this process is based on the premise that you have prepared the Project and had already analyzed it. Also, remember that each number-only segment is handled as a single placeable and hence a single word, but it could be more complex.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
  •  

Presumably you've resolved this by now... but just checking?

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji