Enabling Automated Translations for localized elements (numbers) in Trados Studio 2022

I am setting up a project in Trados 2022 with many numbers which need to be localized for French. I want to lock the segments with numbers to exclude them from translation and word count. However, Automated Translation doesn’t seem to have been enabled, and localized numbers only show in the target column when you click on the specific segment.

Screenshot of Trados Studio interface showing a list of segments with numbers. The 'Apply automated translation' option is grayed out and not selectable.

In the settings, the option ‘Apply automated translation’ is not clickable (screenshot below).

How can I enable AT to show localized numbers in all target segments?

Screenshot of Trados Studio 'Create a New Project - Batch Tasks' window with 'Apply automated translation' checkbox disabled under 'Pre-Translate Settings'.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: RWS Community AI at 2:13 AM (GMT 1) on 18 Jun 2024]
emoji
Parents Reply Children
  •  

Perhaps this short video will help you?

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
  • Hi Paul,

Thank you for taking the time to record this video. I tried creating a new TM with default settings and then pre-translated the file with that TM. 

The button Apply automated translation is still non-clickable for some reason, but the numbers are all localized.

I wonder if there is a way to download the video?

Thank you so much!

emoji
  •  

I wonder if there is a way to download the video?

Right-click and select Save Video As menu item:

Screenshot of a video player context menu with 'Save Video As...' option highlighted, indicating the method to download the video.

The button Apply automated translation is still non-clickable for some reason

Did you add a Machine Translation provider as Paul did in the video? If you didn’t, that’s why. I may be wrong, but I don’t think this is what you really want…

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: RWS Community AI at 7:43 AM (GMT 1) on 24 Jun 2024]