Translation memory segments not identified when they have hard line breaks

Hello,

I've been working on a project (with Excel files) where the occurrence of 100% and fuzzy matches is high. However, I realized that when the source strings have hard break lines, Trados Studio 2022 does not identify them automatically and I have to search for the translations manually to paste them into the target text.

An important information about the TM in question is that it was created by importing a .tmx file generated by memoQ.

Is there any way of getting Trados to recognize these strings automatically without me having to look for the translations?

emoji
Parents
  • Hello,

Based on your query, it seems that you're having trouble with Trados Studio 2022 not recognizing segments with hard line breaks from an Excel file. This issue might be due to the segmentation rules in your translation memory (TM).

Here's how you can modify your segmentation rules to recognize these strings automatically:

Step 1: Open your translation memory in Trados Studio 2022.

Step 2: In the Translation Memories View, select your translation memory and go to File > Settings.

Step 3: In the Translation Memory Settings window, select Language Resources.

Step 4: In the right pane, select Segmentation Rules and click on the Edit button.

Step 5: In the Segmentation Rules window, select the option Sentence based segmentation and click Add.

Step 6: In the Add Segmentation Rule window, click on the Advanced View button.

Step 7: Give your rule a name, for example, "Hard Line Break" and add the following:

- Before break: .[\n]+

- After break: .

Step 8: Click OK to save your rule and close the Translation Memory Settings window.

After you've done this, when you re-open your document with the modified translation memory, Trados Studio 2022 should now recognize the segments with hard line breaks.

Please note that the segmentation rules can be quite sensitive, so it's important to test this on a small portion of your text first to ensure it works as expected.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
  • Hello,

Based on your query, it seems that you're having trouble with Trados Studio 2022 not recognizing segments with hard line breaks from an Excel file. This issue might be due to the segmentation rules in your translation memory (TM).

Here's how you can modify your segmentation rules to recognize these strings automatically:

Step 1: Open your translation memory in Trados Studio 2022.

Step 2: In the Translation Memories View, select your translation memory and go to File > Settings.

Step 3: In the Translation Memory Settings window, select Language Resources.

Step 4: In the right pane, select Segmentation Rules and click on the Edit button.

Step 5: In the Segmentation Rules window, select the option Sentence based segmentation and click Add.

Step 6: In the Add Segmentation Rule window, click on the Advanced View button.

Step 7: Give your rule a name, for example, "Hard Line Break" and add the following:

- Before break: .[\n]+

- After break: .

Step 8: Click OK to save your rule and close the Translation Memory Settings window.

After you've done this, when you re-open your document with the modified translation memory, Trados Studio 2022 should now recognize the segments with hard line breaks.

Please note that the segmentation rules can be quite sensitive, so it's important to test this on a small portion of your text first to ensure it works as expected.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
Children
No Data