IDML numeral codes added

When I import IDML files in Studio 2022, I get all these numeral codes added before and after words; is there a way to not see them?

Thank you in advance for your help.

emoji
Parents
  •  

You mean the purple tags?  Even if you can, it's not a good idea to ignore them as they may be controls that you have to put into the target segment.  If you press Ctrl+Alt+D you can rotate through the different settings for these tags and then you'll be able to see what they actually do.  At the moment you re in TagID mode, which does make it easier to manage since you can easily see which ones should go where in the translation, but doesn't tell you what they are for.

If they are just formatting tags then using Ctrl+Shift+H may also remove them from view.

If you mean the 7-digit alphanumeric codes at the start of each segment then probably not.  But frankly these shouldn't be a problem in the examples you have here.  Once you have one example in your TM of each segment match repair will probably cater for the rest.  For example I created an InDesign file like this image below:

Screenshot of Trados Studio interface showing segments 11 to 15 with alphanumeric codes, purple tags, and percentage match rates.

I translated segment #11 with MT and confirmed it into an empty TM.  Segments #13, #14, #15 were all match repaired to provide the correct result because the tagging and structure of the sentence is all the same, and the alphanumerics are all placeables.

Segment #12 is a fuzzy match unrepaired because I made a mistake preparing the file and the tagging is different to the rest.  But you also seem to have some similar problems so once you have translated a couple you may find match repair will just solve this for you.

If you have many segments with this code at the start and they are all completely different then you are probably stuck with them.  Translating interactively will be simple enough as you should be able to place them with quickplace (Ctrl+comma), but a batch translation will only handle similar entries already translated before.  So if you were to filter on "First Occurrences" and just translate those first, then you could batch translate the file after that and everything else will be handled for you by the TM.

I believe  probably does a lot of files like this and may be able to offer some better practical advice.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: RWS Community AI at 9:43 PM (GMT 1) on 19 Jun 2024]
  •  

You mean the purple tags?  Even if you can, it's not a good idea to ignore them as they may be controls that you have to put into the target segment.  If you press Ctrl+Alt+D you can rotate through the different settings for these tags and then you'll be able to see what they actually do.  At the moment you re in TagID mode, which does make it easier to manage since you can easily see which ones should go where in the translation, but doesn't tell you what they are for.

If they are just formatting tags then using Ctrl+Shift+H may also remove them from view.

If you mean the 7-digit alphanumeric codes at the start of each segment then probably not.  But frankly these shouldn't be a problem in the examples you have here.  Once you have one example in your TM of each segment match repair will probably cater for the rest.  For example I created an InDesign file like this image below:

Screenshot of Trados Studio interface showing segments 11 to 15 with alphanumeric codes, purple tags, and percentage match rates.

I translated segment #11 with MT and confirmed it into an empty TM.  Segments #13, #14, #15 were all match repaired to provide the correct result because the tagging and structure of the sentence is all the same, and the alphanumerics are all placeables.

Segment #12 is a fuzzy match unrepaired because I made a mistake preparing the file and the tagging is different to the rest.  But you also seem to have some similar problems so once you have translated a couple you may find match repair will just solve this for you.

If you have many segments with this code at the start and they are all completely different then you are probably stuck with them.  Translating interactively will be simple enough as you should be able to place them with quickplace (Ctrl+comma), but a batch translation will only handle similar entries already translated before.  So if you were to filter on "First Occurrences" and just translate those first, then you could batch translate the file after that and everything else will be handled for you by the TM.

I believe  probably does a lot of files like this and may be able to offer some better practical advice.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: RWS Community AI at 9:43 PM (GMT 1) on 19 Jun 2024]
Children