"Parameter is not valid" error message

I installed Studio 2022. Frequently I get the above message and then the keyboard is neutralized, i.e. I press the keys but no character appears on the screen. I noticed it happens when I use RTL tag (I work with Hebrew, an RTL language). Please help, it renders Studio useless. Thanks in advance.

emoji
Parents
  • Hello,

I understand that you're experiencing an issue with Trados Studio 2022 where you receive a "Parameter is not valid" error message and your keyboard becomes unresponsive when using RTL tags. I'm sorry to hear about this inconvenience.

Based on the context provided, there are two workarounds that you can try:

Workaround 1: Run a repair installation

1. Close all RWS applications.

2. Open the Control Panel:

- For Windows 7: Start > Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features.

- For Windows 8: Right-click on the screen at bottom-left corner and choose Control Panel > Uninstall a Program.

- For Windows 10: Right-click on Start > Control Panel > Select View by: Small Icons > Programs and Features.

3. Select Trados Studio 2022, right-click and select: Uninstall/Change > Repair.

4. Restart Trados Studio.

Workaround 2: Reset Trados Studio basic settings

2. For Windows 7/8/10 you can directly copy/paste the following path in File Explorer, then press the Enter key on the keyboard, to reach the folder location below: C:\Users\%username%\App Data\Roaming\Trados\Trados Studio\

3. Rename Studio17 folder to Studio17_old

4. Restart Trados Studio

If these workarounds do not solve your issue, you may need to contact the RWS Support Team. If you have a support contract, log in to the RWS Gateway with your account and click on the "Log a Case" button. If you don't have a support contract, you can request support through the Web Form for TP Licensing & Installation Issues on the RWS Gateway.

I hope these steps help resolve your issue. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
  • Hello,

I understand that you're experiencing an issue with Trados Studio 2022 where you receive a "Parameter is not valid" error message and your keyboard becomes unresponsive when using RTL tags. I'm sorry to hear about this inconvenience.

Based on the context provided, there are two workarounds that you can try:

Workaround 1: Run a repair installation

2. Open the Control Panel:

- For Windows 7: Start > Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features.

- For Windows 8: Right-click on the screen at bottom-left corner and choose Control Panel > Uninstall a Program.

- For Windows 10: Right-click on Start > Control Panel > Select View by: Small Icons > Programs and Features.

3. Select Trados Studio 2022, right-click and select: Uninstall/Change > Repair.

4. Restart Trados Studio.

Workaround 2: Reset Trados Studio basic settings

2. For Windows 7/8/10 you can directly copy/paste the following path in File Explorer, then press the Enter key on the keyboard, to reach the folder location below: C:\Users\%username%\App Data\Roaming\Trados\Trados Studio\

3. Rename Studio17 folder to Studio17_old

4. Restart Trados Studio

If these workarounds do not solve your issue, you may need to contact the RWS Support Team. If you have a support contract, log in to the RWS Gateway with your account and click on the "Log a Case" button. If you don't have a support contract, you can request support through the Web Form for TP Licensing & Installation Issues on the RWS Gateway.

I hope these steps help resolve your issue. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
Children
No Data