Inquiry About Creating Bilingual File from HTML Files

Hi,

I hope you are well.

I have a question. I have an HTML file in English (source file) and another in Spanish (target file). I would like to create a bilingual file from these two for review in Trados Studio. Do you know if this is possible?

emoji
Parents
  • Hello,

Yes, it is possible to create a bilingual file from your English and Spanish HTML files for review in Trados Studio. Here are the steps you can follow:

Step 1: Open Trados Studio.

Step 2: Click on "File" in the top menu, then select "New" and "Project".

Step 3: Follow the project wizard steps. When you reach the "Files" step, add your English HTML file as the source file.

Step 4: Continue with the project setup. When you reach the "Translation Memories and Automated Translation" step, ensure you have a translation memory (TM) selected or created. If you don't have one, you can create a new one.

Step 5: Complete the project setup. Your English HTML file will now be in the SDLXLIFF format, which is the bilingual file format used by Trados Studio.

Step 6: Open the newly created SDLXLIFF file in Trados Studio's translation editor.

Step 7: Import the Spanish HTML file into the translation memory. To do this, go to the "Translation Memories" view, right-click on the TM you're using for the project, and select "Import". In the import dialog, select your Spanish HTML file.

Step 8: Once the Spanish HTML file is imported into the TM, go back to the translation editor and update the SDLXLIFF file from the TM. To do this, select the SDLXLIFF file in the "Files" view, then go to the "Batch Tasks" menu and select "Pre-translate Files". In the pre-translate dialog, ensure the option "Update from translation memories" is selected.

After following these steps, your SDLXLIFF file should now contain the English source segments and the corresponding Spanish target segments, creating a bilingual file for review.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
  • Hello,

Yes, it is possible to create a bilingual file from your English and Spanish HTML files for review in Trados Studio. Here are the steps you can follow:

Step 1: Open Trados Studio.

Step 2: Click on "File" in the top menu, then select "New" and "Project".

Step 3: Follow the project wizard steps. When you reach the "Files" step, add your English HTML file as the source file.

Step 4: Continue with the project setup. When you reach the "Translation Memories and Automated Translation" step, ensure you have a translation memory (TM) selected or created. If you don't have one, you can create a new one.

Step 5: Complete the project setup. Your English HTML file will now be in the SDLXLIFF format, which is the bilingual file format used by Trados Studio.

Step 6: Open the newly created SDLXLIFF file in Trados Studio's translation editor.

Step 7: Import the Spanish HTML file into the translation memory. To do this, go to the "Translation Memories" view, right-click on the TM you're using for the project, and select "Import". In the import dialog, select your Spanish HTML file.

Step 8: Once the Spanish HTML file is imported into the TM, go back to the translation editor and update the SDLXLIFF file from the TM. To do this, select the SDLXLIFF file in the "Files" view, then go to the "Batch Tasks" menu and select "Pre-translate Files". In the pre-translate dialog, ensure the option "Update from translation memories" is selected.

After following these steps, your SDLXLIFF file should now contain the English source segments and the corresponding Spanish target segments, creating a bilingual file for review.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
Children
No Data