xlf file segmentation in Trados Studio 2019

Please can you tell me how to change the segmentation in xlf files in Trados Studio 2019. When I import the file, practically the entire text appears in one segment. It slows Studio down and is slow and clunky to navigate.

I want to break up this segment into smaller chunks.

Many thanks

emoji
Parents Reply Children
  •  

But, is there something I could suggest to my client in terms of formating/creating their file that would avoid the need to do all this?

Yes... they could stop using CDATA dumps.  But this would involve work on their end they may not be prepared to do.  Dumping as CDATA is easy for them... tricky for the translator.

Bit they could also ensure that the source is always provided in the target element.  If they did this you could avoid the first part of the video where I put the content from the source into the target.  That way the files would be ready for you and you could simply create your projects with the custom XML and translate as normal.  This should be simple for them and would definitely make your life easier.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji