Second similar file does not populate

Hi,

In Studio 2019 I am working on a project with 2 almost identical files. I translated the first, updated both 'principal' and 'project' TM and then tried to 'pre-translate' the second but nothing seems to work. In the project setup the TM seems to be active. (I'm using an Italian version of SDL but I can translate suggestions for myself)

I would be grateful for any help,

Benjamin Mathews

emoji
  • Hello Benjamin Mathews,

It seems like you're having trouble with pre-translating a similar file in Trados Studio 2019. Here are some steps you can follow to resolve this issue:

Step 1: Ensure that your Translation Memory (TM) is updated with the translations from the first file. You can do this by opening the first file, going to the 'File' menu, and selecting 'Update Main Translation Memories'.

Step 2: Check if the TM is properly linked to your project. You can do this by going to 'Project Settings', then 'Language Pairs', and finally 'All Language Pairs'. Under 'Translation Memory and Automated Translation', make sure your TM is listed and active.

Step 3: Try to pre-translate the second file. You can do this by right-clicking on the file in the 'Files' view, selecting 'Batch Tasks', and then 'Pre-translate Files'. Make sure the 'Lookup Translation Memories' option is checked in the Pre-translate Files dialog box.

Step 4: If the above steps don't work, you might want to recreate the project using the same source file and apply the Pre-Translate batch task to retrieve from translation memories already translated segments, as suggested in the context.

Remember, the effectiveness of pre-translation depends on the match value you set. If you set a high match value, only segments with a very high similarity to those in the TM will be pre-translated.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji