Trados 2024 Professional just crashes

Upon creating local project with four trados sdlxliff files (IT-HR), it just crashes when trying to process the languages. I purchased this product and again, as every time, I keep getting millions of problems and technical issues. I really expect at least to be able to work with the software I purchase. First I receive the info that the source language is different from the project source language. This is where it crashes:

Trados Studio screenshot showing the 'Create a New Project' wizard with a 'Please Wait' message and a progress bar indicating 'Adding files... Scan' in the 'One Step' tab. Source language is set to German (Germany).

Yes, there are probably workarounds, but I simply want to browse, open 4 files, and create a local project as it should be possible to do so.

Just unbelievable, always such a hype with Trados, but nothing's really changed since 2007.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: RWS Community AI at 1:40 PM (GMT 1) on 30 Jul 2024]
emoji
Parents Reply Children
  •  

Your problem seems to be that you are trying to add a bilingual file, that already has a language set, to a project that has been set up to use different languages.  This is clear from your screenshot (note you can copy and paste images into here... no need to use external links which we don't like, so I replaced it).

If you add sdlxliff files, that already have their languages set, then you must make sure that the project settings match them.  Otherwise, you will always get this problem.  This is entirely a problem of your own making as far as I can see.

I don't really understand what you mean by browse... maybe you mean the drag and drop?  Two solutions to this:

1. Don't use the drag and drop (it is actually slower anyway!), OR
    2. Change your default project template so it uses the languages you want

You do that by going to File -> Setup -> Project Templates and in there you can set the languages you want to be default:

Trados Studio Project Templates window showing Default template with Language Pairs setting highlighted, displaying Italian (Italy) to Serbian (Latin, Serbia) language pair.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: RWS Community AI at 9:41 AM (GMT 1) on 31 Jul 2024]