Issues with Adding and Saving a Translation Memory in Trados Studio 2024

Dear Support Team,

I am encountering an issue with adding and saving a translation memory in Trados Studio 2024. Despite following the steps to add and enable the translation memory, it does not appear to save correctly and is not recognized in the Editor view. I have attached a screenshot to illustrate the problem.

Screenshot No.1: After selecting "File-based Translation Memory" and choosing the translation memory file.
Could you please assist me in resolving this issue?

Thank you for your support.

Best regards,
Yuuko AKIOYSHI

Attach Screenshot No.1Trados Studio screenshot showing a dropdown menu with options for adding translation memories, including 'File-based Translation Memory' and various 'AnyTM' options. The 'OpenAI provider for Trados' is also visible at the bottom.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: RWS Community AI at 9:36 AM (GMT 1) on 6 Aug 2024]
emoji
Parents Reply
  •  

I see you have 2 additional posts related to this 1 topic. I closed them because its not helpful to create new posts with images when you could rather keep this one updated.

Thank you for showing us your TM and that it is enabled 

Screenshot of Trados Studio 2024 with a selected translation memory named 'Harris Vice Presidential Running Mates.sdltrm' that appears to be enabled. A message box indicates an error with saving changes to the translation memory.

If you click on Settings you will see in my screen print the TM referenced will open.
    In my case its English to French but you will also see in my example that I have 0 translation units

Trados Studio settings showing Translation Memory Settings for English-French with 0 translation units.

How many translation units does your TM  have?

I am asking because of this second screen print, where I am guessing you have no translation units so the Translation Results window is empty

Trados Studio editor with an error message indicating no translation results found for the segment.

What happens if you translate segment 1 and press Confirm Enter to save your translations?
    Does your Translation Results then show results as noted in my screen print below

Trados Studio confirmation dialog showing the translation 'Mise en route' for the segment 'Getting Started'.

I hope this helps

Lyds

Lydia Simplicio | RWS Group

_______
    Design your own training!

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: RWS Community AI at 9:38 AM (GMT 1) on 14 Aug 2024]
Children
No Data