"There is too many items in combo box" error after opening TM with different language pair

Error dialog box in SDL Trados Studio with a red cross icon, stating 'Too many items in the combo box.' with Knowledge Base and Community links and an OK button.

After opening .sdltm file in Translation memories section of SDL Trados 2022 the error occured. The .sdltm file has sh-HR (and I work with hr-HR) and after that the error persists. 

I have tried repair and uninstallation and re-installation but  nothing helped

Please help to resolve!

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: RWS Community AI at 12:52 PM (GMT 1) on 6 Aug 2024]
emoji
  • Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your Translation Memory (TM) in Trados Studio 2022. The error you're encountering might be due to a corrupted Translation Memory Repository.xml file or an issue with the .sdltm file itself. Here's how you can try to resolve this:

Step 1: Download and install the SDLTM Repair tool from the RWS AppStore. This tool can help to repair the .sdltm file.

Step 2: If the issue persists, it might be due to a corrupted Translation Memory Repository.xml file. This file lists all translation memories in the Translation Memories view. To fix this, you'll need to locate the file and delete it. Don't worry, this file will be recreated when you restart Trados Studio.

Please note that the exact location of the Translation Memory Repository.xml file can vary depending on your operating system, but it's typically found in the 'RWS' folder in your 'Documents' directory.

Step 3: After deleting the Translation Memory Repository.xml file, restart Trados Studio. The software should automatically recreate the file, hopefully resolving the issue.

If the problem still persists after trying these steps, it might be best to create a new TM with the correct language pair (hr-HR) and import the translations from the problematic TM into the new one.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
  • There is no Translation Memory Repository.xml file

I do NOT NEED that TM

I just want SDL Trados to start workiing again. It is freezed and blocked

emoji