Trados 2024 chrashing!

Hi everyone,
My Trados 2024 is crashing a lot. I think it might be because of the Language Weaver App, but I'm not sure. It's really frustrating because I'm losing time and patience. This message keeps appearing: "The call thread should be STA...."
Any tips on what to do?

emoji
  • Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with Trados 2024. Based on your description, it seems like the problem might be related to the Language Weaver App or a possible corruption in your Translation Memory or Termbase. Here are some steps you can follow to troubleshoot the issue:

Step 1: Check for Updates manually in Windows. You can do this by typing "Check for Updates" in the Start button search window, or by selecting Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update, and then selecting Check for updates. Install any updates found and restart your computer. Repeat this process until there are no other updates.

Step 2: Repair your Trados Studio installation. You can find a workaround for this in the article titled "Repairing your installation of Trados Studio".

Step 3: Ensure that you have the .NET Framework 4.7.2 (or later) installed. For Trados Studio 2021, you need 4.8! You can check which .NET Framework versions are installed on your computer by following the instructions in the article titled "How to: Determine which .NET Framework versions are installed".

Step 4: Refresh your .NET Framework installation. You can do this by typing "Turn Windows features on or off" in the Start button search window, or by going to Start > Control Panel > Programs > Turn Windows features on or off. On Windows Features, un-tick the .NET 4.5 (or higher) version, restart your computer, and then tick back the box for .NET 4.5 (or higher) after the restart.

Step 5: If the crash can be reproduced at a specific segment, check if your Translation Memory (TM) or Termbase is corrupted. You can do this by going to Project Settings > Language Pairs > Translation Memory or Termbase, and disabling them one by one to see if the crash persists. If the crash stops after a TM or Termbase was disabled, it means that it is corrupted and needs to be recreated.

Step 6: If your translation resources are not stored locally on your computer, but are on a shared drive, network, or cloud-based file-sharing storing facility like Dropbox, take the resources locally and test to see if the crashes still occur.

Step 7: Reset Trados Studio to its default settings if you suspect a problem with the installation. You can find instructions on how to do this in the article titled "Resetting Trados Studio to default state".

If these steps do not resolve your issue, or if you require further assistance, please contact the RWS Support Team. For customers holding a support contract, you can log in to the RWS Gateway with your RWS Account and click on the blue "Log a Case" button. For customers without a support contract, you can request support through the Web Form for TP Licensing & Installation Issues on the RWS Gateway.

I hope these steps help you resolve the issue. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
  • Hi  

Trados 2024 does not usually do this, but your post does not provide enough detail to figure out what might cause these issues. Next time it crashes with an error message, could you save the stacktrace and attach it to this thread? Getting the stacktrace is very simple, here is how to: https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=000013936

emoji