MS Word Spell Checker does not work in SDL Trados Studio 2022 SR2 - 17.2.10.19084

Hi,
We installed recently new version of SDL Trados Studio 2022 SR2 - 17.2.10.19084, when we try to set the active spell checker of MS Word we get this information :
SDL Trados Studio 2022 SR2 options menu with Spelling section open. An error message window titled 'Information' is displayed, indicating an inability to select spell checker extension and a failure to cast COM object for 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word.ApplicationClass'.
and the spell checker does not work, have you seen this before?
Regards
Belkacem

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: RWS Community AI at 6:11 PM (GMT 1) on 15 Aug 2024]
emoji
Parents
  • I had exactly the same problem and tried all sorts of things suggested in this thread and other ones, including clearing trados settings, clearing office cache and installing plugins (that caused new issues). I even paid for and installed a new version of Trados to no avail. After performing the expensive upgrade I thought that the problem might actually lie in Microsoft Office. So I went to Settings > Apps > Installed Apps in Windows, found my office installation and repaired it by clicking on the three dots at the side, selecting Modify and then clicking on Quick Repair. It solved my problem (make sure Trados is closed during this process) and hope it can help someone else. Once again SDL got me into paying for a new version that is even heavier on resources than the

emoji
  • I had exactly the same problem and tried all sorts of things suggested in this thread and other ones, including clearing trados settings, clearing office cache and installing plugins (that caused new issues). I even paid for and installed a new version of Trados to no avail. After performing the expensive upgrade I thought that the problem might actually lie in Microsoft Office. So I went to Settings > Apps > Installed Apps in Windows, found my office installation and repaired it by clicking on the three dots at the side, selecting Modify and then clicking on Quick Repair. It solved my problem (make sure Trados is closed during this process) and hope it can help someone else. Once again SDL got me into paying for a new version that is even heavier on resources than the

emoji
Children