How to update from a review file (Word)?

Hi,

Sorry for this basic question...

I am translated a word document (a book) from US English to French.

I run a batch task to create a review file (Word) for a translater (reviewer). He made some modification directly on this Word document, in the right column (target).

I run a batch task for update my work from the review bilingual document. I selected "translated" as a result for modifications. I had a message that the process run well.

But it looks like no modification on my main working file.

I looked on documentation, but didn't find any help.

Do you have the same problem?

Do you have any suggestion?

Is-it possible to update or not ;(

Using Trados Studio 2022 SR2 - 17.2.11.19134

emoji
  • Hello,

It seems like you're having trouble updating your main working file with the modifications made by the reviewer in the Word document. I understand how this can be frustrating, but don't worry, I'm here to help!

Based on the context provided, here are two workarounds you can try:

Workaround 1:

1. Run a batch task to export the document for external review again. You can do this by going to Batch Task > Export for Bilingual Review.

2. Open the completed review and the newly created review document (exported in step 1) in MS Word, side by side. Make sure to disable the Track Changes option for both files.

3. Copy all content from the completed review document. You can do this by using [Ctrl]+[A], then [Ctrl]+[C].

4. Paste it over the entire content of the newly created (exported in step 1) review document. You can do this by using [Ctrl]+[A] followed by [Ctrl]+[V].

5. Save the new document and use this file to update from external review by clicking on Batch Task > Update from Bilingual Review.

Workaround 2:

1. Install the SDLXLIFF Converter for Microsoft Office from the RWS AppStore if you're using Trados Studio 2019 or 2021. This app is installed alongside Trados Studio 2017 and earlier.

2. Go to Start > All Programs > Trados Studio Apps > SDLXLIFF Converter for Microsoft Office.

3. Once you have the app open, click on Import from MS Word.

4. Click on Add, browse for the location of the bilingual file and open it in the app.

5. Click on the icon with the three dots that is placed under Updated DOCX.

6. Click Import and once you receive the message "Conversion finished", the SDLXLIFF should be updated.

I hope these steps help you resolve your issue. If you have any other questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
  • The workaround 1 doesn't work.

My translation flie is still empty...

emoji
  •  

Maybe also worth reviewing this if you still cannot solve it: https://multifarious.filkin.com/2014/07/26/efer-ad/

If you still have problems after that you will absolutely have to provide more information about your exact process and what the files looked like.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji