Analysis of locked segments (including new words and repetitions)

Hello everyone, I received a huge project last month. At first, it consisted on more than 74 000 new words and 49 527 segments (I had access to the whole project as it was divided in two with 99 053 segments in total) but then me and the project manager decided that, due to deadline demands, one small part of it would be given to other translator. I did all the segments between 1 and 32 000 and some between 32 000 and 49 527 and now I want to calculate the number of words (including new words and repetitions) present in segments to be done. I am locking the segments which are not confirmed but how can I obtain that kind of analysis? Thank you in advance :)

emoji
  •  

If you have locked the segments that are not confirmed, and these are the ones you need to analyse then the best approach would be to reverse the filter you used to lock them in the first place so that the locked are the ones already done.  Then run an Analysis batch task that can exclude locked segments.

Alternatively talk to the project manager about a more robust approach for splitting files like this and use studioViews or the XLIFF Manager so that you actually work on different files containing the appropriate content.  These files can then be analysed separately and imported to update the project when done.  Far easier to manage without any confusion like that.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji