Dependency file not found

Why am I constantly receiving a message in Trados Studio, telling me that a dependency (temp) file can no longer be found?
Is there anything I can change in my settings to avoid this, please?

Thank you.

emoji
Parents
  • Hello,

The error message you're encountering in Trados Studio is typically due to the software not being able to locate a file it needs. This can happen if the file has been moved, renamed, or deleted after it was initially linked in Trados Studio. Here's how you can resolve this issue:

Step 1: When the error message appears, click on the 'Browse' button. This will open a file explorer window.

Step 2: Navigate to the location where the file is currently saved. If you're unsure of the location, you can use the search function in your file explorer to find it.

Step 3: Once you've located the file, select it and click 'Open'. This will link the file back to Trados Studio.

Step 4: If the file has been deleted and you can't find it, you'll need to restore it from a backup if available. If not, you may need to recreate the file.

Step 5: To avoid this issue in the future, try to avoid moving, renaming, or deleting files that are linked in Trados Studio. If you need to make changes to these files, make sure to update the links in Trados Studio accordingly.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
  • Hello,

The error message you're encountering in Trados Studio is typically due to the software not being able to locate a file it needs. This can happen if the file has been moved, renamed, or deleted after it was initially linked in Trados Studio. Here's how you can resolve this issue:

Step 1: When the error message appears, click on the 'Browse' button. This will open a file explorer window.

Step 2: Navigate to the location where the file is currently saved. If you're unsure of the location, you can use the search function in your file explorer to find it.

Step 3: Once you've located the file, select it and click 'Open'. This will link the file back to Trados Studio.

Step 4: If the file has been deleted and you can't find it, you'll need to restore it from a backup if available. If not, you may need to recreate the file.

Step 5: To avoid this issue in the future, try to avoid moving, renaming, or deleting files that are linked in Trados Studio. If you need to make changes to these files, make sure to update the links in Trados Studio accordingly.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
Children
No Data