"Unexpected exception when initializing view part Report"

I'm trying to start trados studio 2024, but it doesn't start and this warning appears: "Unexpected exception when initializing view part Report"

emoji
Parents
  • Hello,

I understand you're having trouble starting Trados Studio 2024 due to an "Unexpected exception when initializing view part Report" error. Here's a step-by-step guide to help you resolve this issue:

Step 1: Close Trados Studio if it's currently open.

Step 2: Press the Windows and R keys simultaneously. This will open the Run dialog box.

Step 3: In the Run dialog box, type "%temp%" (without the quotes) and click OK. This will open your temporary files folder.

Step 4: Delete all the files and folders in the temporary files folder, if possible. Some files might not delete because they're in use, and that's okay.

Step 5: (Optional) You can turn off User Account Control (UAC) to see if that helps. To do this, navigate to Control Panel > User Accounts > Change User Account Control Settings, and set it to No notification.

Step 6: Reset the settings files for Trados Studio. You can do this by following the instructions provided in the link in your context. Please note that you should only use this link if you're comfortable navigating the file system and making changes to program files.

Step 7: Run a repair on Trados Studio. This can usually be done through the program's installation wizard, which can be accessed through the Control Panel's "Uninstall a program" feature. Find Trados Studio in the list, right-click it, and select "Repair."

Please note that these steps are general troubleshooting steps and may not resolve all issues. If the problem persists, it might be due to a more specific issue with your installation or system.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
  • Hello,

I understand you're having trouble starting Trados Studio 2024 due to an "Unexpected exception when initializing view part Report" error. Here's a step-by-step guide to help you resolve this issue:

Step 1: Close Trados Studio if it's currently open.

Step 2: Press the Windows and R keys simultaneously. This will open the Run dialog box.

Step 3: In the Run dialog box, type "%temp%" (without the quotes) and click OK. This will open your temporary files folder.

Step 4: Delete all the files and folders in the temporary files folder, if possible. Some files might not delete because they're in use, and that's okay.

Step 5: (Optional) You can turn off User Account Control (UAC) to see if that helps. To do this, navigate to Control Panel > User Accounts > Change User Account Control Settings, and set it to No notification.

Step 6: Reset the settings files for Trados Studio. You can do this by following the instructions provided in the link in your context. Please note that you should only use this link if you're comfortable navigating the file system and making changes to program files.

Step 7: Run a repair on Trados Studio. This can usually be done through the program's installation wizard, which can be accessed through the Control Panel's "Uninstall a program" feature. Find Trados Studio in the list, right-click it, and select "Repair."

Please note that these steps are general troubleshooting steps and may not resolve all issues. If the problem persists, it might be due to a more specific issue with your installation or system.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
Children
No Data