After upgrading from 2019 to Studio 2022 whenever I want to save my project I get the error message: Access to the path C:\Users\...... is denied and I cannot save

After upgrading from 2019 to Studio 2022 whenever I want to save my project I get the error message: Access to the path C:\Users\...... is denied and I cannot save/

emoji
Parents
  • Hello,

It seems like you're experiencing an issue with saving your projects after upgrading to Trados Studio 2022. This could be due to a conflict with a third-party application like Google Drive. Here's how you can resolve this issue:

Step 1: Disable Trados Auto Save. You can do this by going to File > Options > Editor and unticking the 'Enable Auto Save' option.

Step 2: Close Trados Studio and delete the Auto Save folder. You can find this folder at C:\Users\%username%\Documents\Studio 2022.

Step 3: If you want to keep the Auto Save feature and avoid the error, you can remove the C:\...\Studio 2022 folder from the Google Drive sync.

If you're still encountering the error message 'The process cannot access the file... because it is being used by another process', click OK, wait for the sync to complete, and then try to save again.

To avoid these errors altogether, you can remove the default folders for Trados Studio located at C:\Users\%username%\Documents\ and also the folder where you save your projects, from the Google Drive sync. You can do this by going to Google Drive in your browser, then to Computers > My Computer > Documents, select the folder C:\...\Studio 2022, and click on 'Remove'.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
Reply Children