Problem when trying to add a term in Trados Studio 2024 to a termbase - Sdl.MultiTerm.Client.CppBridge.dll

Dear All,

when I try to quick add a term to a termbase in Trados Studio 2024 using Shift+F2, I receive the following error message:

Error dialog box in Trados Studio with a red cross icon, stating 'Could not load file or assembly 'Sdl.MultiTerm.Client.CppBridge.dll' or one of its dependencies. A parameter nem megfelelo. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG))'. Buttons for Knowledge Base and Community are visible.

Almost the same error message concering Sdl.MultiTerm.Client.CppBridge.dll appears when I try to add a term using MultiTerm.

The file Sdl.MultiTerm.Client.CppBridge.dll is installed at multiple places on my computer, and I don't know, whether it is corrupt and can be replaced manually by downloading this particular dll file and copying it to the appropriate folder.

Please help me to fix the error above.

Thx

Gergely

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: RWS Community AI at 8:07 AM (GMT 1) on 19 Sep 2024]
emoji
Parents
  • Hello Gergely,

I understand you're having trouble adding a term to a termbase in Trados Studio 2024 due to an error with Sdl.MultiTerm.Client.CppBridge.dll. I'm here to help you resolve this issue.

The context provided suggests downloading and installing Trados Studio 2011 SP2 from the "Products & Plans > Downloads" section in your account. However, this seems to be outdated information.

Here's a step-by-step guide to help you resolve the issue:

Step 1: Close all running instances of Trados Studio and MultiTerm.

Step 2: Navigate to the folder where Trados Studio is installed. This is typically located in the Program Files folder on your computer.

Step 3: Locate the file named Sdl.MultiTerm.Client.CppBridge.dll.

Step 4: Rename this file to something like Sdl.MultiTerm.Client.CppBridge_old.dll. This is to keep a backup of the old file in case you need to revert the changes.

Step 5: Now, you need to replace this file with a fresh copy. However, manually downloading dll files from the internet is not recommended due to security risks. Instead, you should reinstall the software to get a fresh copy of all the necessary files.

Step 6: Uninstall Trados Studio and MultiTerm from your computer.

Step 7: Reinstall Trados Studio and MultiTerm. You can download the latest versions from the "Products & Plans > Downloads" section in your account.

After following these steps, try adding a term to a termbase again. The error should now be resolved.

If the problem persists, it might be a good idea to reach out to the RWS Support team for further assistance.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
  •  

Maybe not the best advice from the AI.  Can you first check that you have installed the correct version of Multiterm?  You should have these installed:

Trados Studio 2024 - 18.0.0.1013
    MultiTerm 2024 - 18.0.0.3002

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
  • Dear Paul,

I upgraded my Studio 2019 two months ago to Studio 2024 and have the versions you mentioned. There is no further update available at the moment. However, the upgrade process left the earlier version (2019) of the programmes unchanged on my computer. Is this maybe the problem? Or should MultiTerm perhaps be reinstalled?

Thanks!

Gergely

emoji
Reply Children