Picked Nynorsk instead of Bogmål.

The problem is that I picked the target languages as Nynorsk and it should be Bogmål  (two dialects of Norwegian)  
I dont work with Nynorsk and the whole Memory and file is Bogmål.   can I change it to bogmål? Or do I have to create the whole project again? 
Greetings
Per.
emoji
Parents
  •  

If the project is just for you and just on your machine, and if you are not using any resources that target Nynorsk specifically... and by that I mean you would get different automated translations for example... then why is it important to change the project now?  Technically, if this is just for you, you could just add your TM using AnyTM, and if your termbase is based on just Norwegian without worrying about the variants then that will be ok.  At the end of the day you just want to complete your project and save the target.  So might be worth not even worrying about it!

If you have done a lot of work on the file already and that's the reason you hesitate creating a new project then there are workarounds to getting a new project quickly set up and with all the work you have already done intact.  But I think it would make sense to know what stage you are at in terms of the translation itself.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
  •  

If the project is just for you and just on your machine, and if you are not using any resources that target Nynorsk specifically... and by that I mean you would get different automated translations for example... then why is it important to change the project now?  Technically, if this is just for you, you could just add your TM using AnyTM, and if your termbase is based on just Norwegian without worrying about the variants then that will be ok.  At the end of the day you just want to complete your project and save the target.  So might be worth not even worrying about it!

If you have done a lot of work on the file already and that's the reason you hesitate creating a new project then there are workarounds to getting a new project quickly set up and with all the work you have already done intact.  But I think it would make sense to know what stage you are at in terms of the translation itself.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
Children
No Data