Issues with Machine Translation - Trados Studio 2022

Hi Trados Community Team,

I'm encountering an issue when creating translation projects. Specifically, I'm working on a project to translate from English (Canada) into French (France), Spanish (Spain), Greek, German, Portuguese (Portugal), Dutch (Belgium), Czech, Serbian, Hungarian, Finnish, Danish, Norwegian, and Italian.

I followed the usual process by selecting the translation memories and creating new ones where needed. I then selected DeepL as the machine translation provider. In the batch tasks, I set the minimum match value to 70% in the Pre-translate settings.

After creating the project files, I ran the batch task and used Pre-translate again. However, when I opened the files, I noticed that some segments were left untranslated, and the following error appears: "Translation Failed: The start tag with...."

The below example is from Finish

Trados Studio screenshot showing an error message 'Translation Failed: The start tag with ID '94' does not have a matching end tag within the segment.' above a segment in Finnish.

IInterestingly, some segments are translated in certain languages, while the same segments remain untranslated in others. The screenshot below shows the same segment, but for a different language pair—in this case, Portuguese (Portugal).

Trados Studio screenshot of the translation results without any visible errors, displaying a segment translated from English to Portuguese.

Could you help me understand why this is happening and how to resolve the issue?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Trados Studio 2022
[edited by: Virginia Seggiaro at 9:12 PM (GMT 1) on 19 Sep 2024]
emoji
Parents Reply Children
No Data