Decoding Cloud Project Folder Names

Hi Trados community,

I'm new to Trados. When creating cloud projects, the folder names appear as gibberish in the project folder. (e.g. xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx). 

This occurs when creating a cloud project from the desktop application or directly from the cloud.

Does anyone know if this is normal behaviour or how it can be fixed? I am using Trados Studio on a Mac with Parallels Desktop.

Thank you!

emoji
Parents
  • Hello,

The behavior you're experiencing is indeed normal when using Trados Studio. The seemingly random string of characters (e.g., xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx) you see is actually a unique identifier for each project. This is how Trados Studio organizes and differentiates between different projects.

However, if you prefer to have more recognizable names for your project folders, you can follow these steps:

Step 1: Open Trados Studio.

Step 2: Go to the "Projects" view.

Step 3: Right-click on the project you want to rename and select "Properties".

Step 4: In the "General" tab, you can change the name of the project. This will also change the name of the project folder.

Please note that the option "Append project name to project folder" must be enabled for this to work. If it's disabled, the project folder will only display the unique identifier, regardless of the project name.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
  • Hello,

The behavior you're experiencing is indeed normal when using Trados Studio. The seemingly random string of characters (e.g., xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx) you see is actually a unique identifier for each project. This is how Trados Studio organizes and differentiates between different projects.

However, if you prefer to have more recognizable names for your project folders, you can follow these steps:

Step 1: Open Trados Studio.

Step 2: Go to the "Projects" view.

Step 3: Right-click on the project you want to rename and select "Properties".

Step 4: In the "General" tab, you can change the name of the project. This will also change the name of the project folder.

Please note that the option "Append project name to project folder" must be enabled for this to work. If it's disabled, the project folder will only display the unique identifier, regardless of the project name.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
Children