autosave location

How can I define the autosave location? According to the Help article, I should be able to define it in the Project Settings, but that is not correct. The only folder that can be defined there, is the location path of the project itself, not the autosave folder.

emoji
Parents
  • Hello,

I understand you're looking to define the autosave location in Trados Studio. Unfortunately, Trados Studio does not provide an option to change the autosave location. The autosave files are stored in a default location which is typically your local AppData folder.

Here's how you can find the autosave files:

Step 1: Open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows key + R.

Step 2: Type "%appdata%" (without quotes) and press Enter. This will open the AppData\Roaming folder.

Step 3: Navigate to the SDL folder.

Step 4: Open the Trados Studio folder.

Step 5: Inside this folder, you'll find the 'AutoSave' folder where all autosave files are stored.

Remember, these autosave files are meant to be a safety net in case of software crashes or unexpected shutdowns. They are not meant to replace regular saving of your work.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
  • Hello,

I understand you're looking to define the autosave location in Trados Studio. Unfortunately, Trados Studio does not provide an option to change the autosave location. The autosave files are stored in a default location which is typically your local AppData folder.

Here's how you can find the autosave files:

Step 1: Open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows key + R.

Step 2: Type "%appdata%" (without quotes) and press Enter. This will open the AppData\Roaming folder.

Step 3: Navigate to the SDL folder.

Step 4: Open the Trados Studio folder.

Step 5: Inside this folder, you'll find the 'AutoSave' folder where all autosave files are stored.

Remember, these autosave files are meant to be a safety net in case of software crashes or unexpected shutdowns. They are not meant to replace regular saving of your work.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
Children
No Data