Trados 2021 several versions of the project were open and did a restart and then "error while determine the versión of the file"

Hello, good afternoon,

I was working on a project in Trados 2021, and then I noticed that the program closed because object not found.

I opened Trados again and each time this error appeared I opened it again in admin mode so that I could work.

After that, I had several copies of the same project open. I wanted to close these.

I found that I have to click on control shift escape, and then I did restart. 

So now all the projects are not on my Trados.

The following error appeared: "se_ha_producido_un_error_al_intentar_determinar_la_versión_del_archivo"

Can anybody tell me what I can do as I have to finish a translation of a package?

Best regards 

Ines 

emoji
Parents
  • "Probability score": 0.7

"Question improvement suggestion": Please provide more information about the steps you took before the error occurred, the exact version of Trados Studio 2021 you are using, and any recent changes to your system or software. Also, let us know if you have tried any troubleshooting steps already.

In the meantime, based on the information you have provided, here is a suggested answer to your question:

Hello Ines,

It seems like you're experiencing an issue with Trados Studio 2021 where you're getting an error message when trying to determine the version of a file. This could be due to a corrupted project file or an issue with the software itself. Here are some steps you can take to resolve this issue:

Step 1: Save your current progress of translation etc.

Step 2: Close Trados Studio

Step 3: Reopen Trados Studio. Afterwards, the error message may not appear anymore, because the closing process of Trados Studio saved all settings and changes properly.

If the problem persists after you restart Trados Studio, the project you are trying to open is most likely corrupted/damaged and requires to be re-created.

Step 4: Recreate the project. During the recreation, you can run the Pre-translate Files batch task using the Translation Memory that probably already contains the previously translated segments. Or you can run the batch task Apply Perfect Match and use the SDLXLIFF files from the target language folder of your original project.

Further information: You can add file extension exceptions to your Anti Virus/Firewall list, to prevent the problem from reoccurring in the future. The extensions that need to be added are *.sdlppx*.sdlproj*.sdlrpx*.ttp*.wsxz*.stppk*.sdlxliff

I hope this answer addressed your question. If not, please reject the answer, add the question improvement suggestion information, and click the RWS Community AI checkbox on the right to try again.

RWS Community AI

emoji
  • "Probability score": 0.7

"Question improvement suggestion": Please provide more information about the steps you took before the error occurred, the exact version of Trados Studio 2021 you are using, and any recent changes to your system or software. Also, let us know if you have tried any troubleshooting steps already.

In the meantime, based on the information you have provided, here is a suggested answer to your question:

Hello Ines,

It seems like you're experiencing an issue with Trados Studio 2021 where you're getting an error message when trying to determine the version of a file. This could be due to a corrupted project file or an issue with the software itself. Here are some steps you can take to resolve this issue:

Step 1: Save your current progress of translation etc.

Step 2: Close Trados Studio

Step 3: Reopen Trados Studio. Afterwards, the error message may not appear anymore, because the closing process of Trados Studio saved all settings and changes properly.

If the problem persists after you restart Trados Studio, the project you are trying to open is most likely corrupted/damaged and requires to be re-created.

Step 4: Recreate the project. During the recreation, you can run the Pre-translate Files batch task using the Translation Memory that probably already contains the previously translated segments. Or you can run the batch task Apply Perfect Match and use the SDLXLIFF files from the target language folder of your original project.

Further information: You can add file extension exceptions to your Anti Virus/Firewall list, to prevent the problem from reoccurring in the future. The extensions that need to be added are *.sdlppx*.sdlproj*.sdlrpx*.ttp*.wsxz*.stppk*.sdlxliff

I hope this answer addressed your question. If not, please reject the answer, add the question improvement suggestion information, and click the RWS Community AI checkbox on the right to try again.

RWS Community AI

emoji
Children
No Data