Object reference not set to an instance of an object

I get the above error message when trying to add a new term (Quick add new term option) in the termbase created for the project I am translating.

Moreover, It seams that the Term Recognition function does not work, since in the dedicated window the search of a term among the loaded termbases is not displaying anything.

I am using Trados Studio 2022 SR2 - 17.2.11.19134 and until yesterday everything worked perfectly. :-(

Thanks a lot in advance for any help on this matter!

Laura

emoji
Parents
  • "Probability score": 0.8

"Question improvement suggestion": Please provide more details about the steps you took before encountering the error, and any recent changes to your system or software. Also, if there are any error codes accompanying the error message, please include them.

In the meantime, based on the information you have provided, here is a suggested answer to your question:

Hello Laura,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with Trados Studio 2022 SR2 - 17.2.11.19134. The error message you're seeing, "Object reference not set to an instance of an object," is a common one in programming and typically means that an object is being used that hasn't been initialized or is currently null.

Here's a workaround that might help:

Step 1: Open your project in Trados Studio.

Step 2: Navigate to the termbase where you're trying to add a new term.

Step 3: Click on any of the existing terms in the termbase.

Step 4: Try again to add the new term.

This issue has been logged with our Development team, and they are working on a permanent fix. In the meantime, this workaround should allow you to continue your work.

As for the Term Recognition function not working, it could be due to a number of reasons. Here are a few troubleshooting steps:

Step 1: Check if the correct termbase is loaded in your project settings.

Step 2: Make sure the language direction in your termbase matches the language direction of your project.

Step 3: Try to search for the term directly in the termbase to see if it exists.

If these steps don't resolve your issue, please provide more details about the problem, and we'll be happy to assist further.

I hope this answer addressed your question. If not, please reject the answer, add the question improvement suggestion information, and click the RWS Community AI checkbox on the right to try again.

RWS Community AI

emoji
  • "Probability score": 0.8

"Question improvement suggestion": Please provide more details about the steps you took before encountering the error, and any recent changes to your system or software. Also, if there are any error codes accompanying the error message, please include them.

In the meantime, based on the information you have provided, here is a suggested answer to your question:

Hello Laura,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with Trados Studio 2022 SR2 - 17.2.11.19134. The error message you're seeing, "Object reference not set to an instance of an object," is a common one in programming and typically means that an object is being used that hasn't been initialized or is currently null.

Here's a workaround that might help:

Step 1: Open your project in Trados Studio.

Step 2: Navigate to the termbase where you're trying to add a new term.

Step 3: Click on any of the existing terms in the termbase.

Step 4: Try again to add the new term.

This issue has been logged with our Development team, and they are working on a permanent fix. In the meantime, this workaround should allow you to continue your work.

As for the Term Recognition function not working, it could be due to a number of reasons. Here are a few troubleshooting steps:

Step 1: Check if the correct termbase is loaded in your project settings.

Step 2: Make sure the language direction in your termbase matches the language direction of your project.

Step 3: Try to search for the term directly in the termbase to see if it exists.

If these steps don't resolve your issue, please provide more details about the problem, and we'll be happy to assist further.

I hope this answer addressed your question. If not, please reject the answer, add the question improvement suggestion information, and click the RWS Community AI checkbox on the right to try again.

RWS Community AI

emoji
Children