Error message:The selected project could not be opened

Hi,

I am working on a big project with 99 files.

When translating one file of those 99, the system closed and when trying to open only this project the above message is shown.

Below is the page with error details.

I would appreciate any help to continue with work.

<SDLErrorDetails time="20.10.2024. 00:42:55">
<ErrorMessage>The selected project could not be opened.</ErrorMessage>
<Exception>
<Type>Sdl.ProjectApi.ProjectApiException, Sdl.ProjectApi, Version=18.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c28cdb26c445c888</Type>
<HelpLink />
<Source>Sdl.ProjectApi.Implementation</Source>
<HResult>-2146233088</HResult>
<StackTrace><![CDATA[ at Sdl.ProjectApi.Implementation.Repositories.ProjectRepository.Load(String projectFilePath)
at Sdl.ProjectApi.Implementation.Project.Load(String projectFilePath, Boolean createProjectListItem)
at Sdl.ProjectApi.Implementation.Project..ctor(IProjectsProvider projectsProvider, String projectFilePath, Boolean licenseOverrideRequired, IProjectRepository repository, IProjectOperation operation, IEventAggregator eventAggregator)
at Sdl.ProjectApi.Implementation.Repositories.ProjectsProviderRepository.LoadNewProject(String projectFilePath, IProjectsProvider projectsProvider, IProjectOperation projectOperation)
at Sdl.ProjectApi.Implementation.Repositories.ProjectsProviderRepositoryLC.LoadNewProject(String projectFilePath, IProjectsProvider projectsProvider, IProjectOperation projectOperation)
at Sdl.ProjectApi.Implementation.ProjectsProvider.ImportProject(String projectFilePath)
at Sdl.TranslationStudio.ProjectManagement.ProjectsView.ProjectsViewService.AddProjects(IEnumerable`1 projectsFilePaths)]]></StackTrace>
<InnerException>
<Type>System.InvalidOperationException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089</Type>
<HelpLink />
<Source>System.Xml</Source>
<HResult>-2146233079</HResult>
<StackTrace><![CDATA[ at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(Stream stream)
at Sdl.ProjectApi.Implementation.XmlSerialization.XmlProjectSerializer.Deserialize(Stream stream)
at Sdl.ProjectApi.Implementation.Xml.Project.Deserialize(String path)
at Sdl.ProjectApi.Implementation.Repositories.ProjectRepositorySerializer.Deserialize(String projectFilePath)
at Sdl.ProjectApi.Implementation.Repositories.ProjectRepository.Deserialize(String projectFilePath)
at Sdl.ProjectApi.Implementation.Repositories.ProjectRepository.Load(String projectFilePath)]]></StackTrace>
<InnerException>
<Type>System.Xml.XmlException, System.Xml, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089</Type>
<LineNumber>7303</LineNumber>
<LinePosition>90</LinePosition>
<SourceUri />
<HelpLink />
<Source>System.Xml</Source>
<HResult>-2146232000</HResult>
<StackTrace><![CDATA[ at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Int32 pos, String res, String arg)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseQName(Boolean isQName, Int32 startOffset, Int32& colonPos)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseAttributes()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElement()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlReader.ReadEndElement()
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializationReader.ReadEndElement()
at Sdl.ProjectApi.Implementation.XmlSerialization.ProjectSerialization.XmlSerializationReaderProject.Read17_TaskFile(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
at Sdl.ProjectApi.Implementation.XmlSerialization.ProjectSerialization.XmlSerializationReaderProject.Read21_AutomaticTask(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
at Sdl.ProjectApi.Implementation.XmlSerialization.ProjectSerialization.XmlSerializationReaderProject.Read62_ProjectTasks(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
at Sdl.ProjectApi.Implementation.XmlSerialization.ProjectSerialization.XmlSerializationReaderProject.Read74_Project(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
at Sdl.ProjectApi.Implementation.XmlSerialization.ProjectSerialization.XmlSerializationReaderProject.Read75_Project()
at Sdl.ProjectApi.Implementation.XmlSerialization.ProjectSerialization.ProjectSerializer.Deserialize(XmlSerializationReader reader)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)]]></StackTrace>
</InnerException>
</InnerException>
</Exception>
<Environment>
<ProductName>Trados Studio</ProductName>
<ProductVersion>Studio18</ProductVersion>
<EntryAssemblyFileVersion>18.0.1.2259</EntryAssemblyFileVersion>
<OperatingSystem>Microsoft Windows 11 Home</OperatingSystem>
<ServicePack>NULL</ServicePack>
<OperatingSystemLanguage>1033</OperatingSystemLanguage>
<CodePage>1252</CodePage>
<LoggedOnUser>MJ-DELL-G15\mjova</LoggedOnUser>
<DotNetFrameWork>4.0.30319.42000</DotNetFrameWork>
<ComputerName>MJ-DELL-G15</ComputerName>
<ConnectedToNetwork>True</ConnectedToNetwork>
<PhysicalMemory>16501540 MB</PhysicalMemory>
</Environment>
</SDLErrorDetails>

Moved error message to a code block.
[edited by: Paul at 10:56 PM (GMT 1) on 19 Oct 2024]
emoji
Parents
  •  

The error message indicates that the selected project in Trados Studio cannot be opened due to an issue during XML deserialization, specifically when attempting to load the project file.  Might be worth checking the sdlproj file in a text editor and see if anything is wrong with it... truncated or corrupted in some way perhaps.

You could try backing up your project files, recreate the project and then copy the sdlxliff files from the target folder of your original project to overwrite the ones in your newly recreated project.  Should be the same except now you should have everything translated to where you had got to.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
  • Hi Paul,

thank you for your prompt reply.

Two of 99 project files, which I have received in the project package from a translation agency, I work first time with, were obviously corrupt and caused a huge damage to my SDL app, my TM and the project itself. After opening one of 99 files, few segments with just one word, corrupted in some way, caused immediate shutdown of the laptop. No way to start the SDL app after restart. I had to deactivate the license, to download the SDL app again. Only then I could open other project files, but not this particular one.I have created a new project with sdlxliff files from the target folder. I had also to repair the damaged TM with the SDL TM repair add-in. 

Now I can continue to work.

Thank you once again.

Best regards,

Miloš J.

emoji
  • Hi Paul,

thank you for your prompt reply.

Two of 99 project files, which I have received in the project package from a translation agency, I work first time with, were obviously corrupt and caused a huge damage to my SDL app, my TM and the project itself. After opening one of 99 files, few segments with just one word, corrupted in some way, caused immediate shutdown of the laptop. No way to start the SDL app after restart. I had to deactivate the license, to download the SDL app again. Only then I could open other project files, but not this particular one.I have created a new project with sdlxliff files from the target folder. I had also to repair the damaged TM with the SDL TM repair add-in. 

Now I can continue to work.

Thank you once again.

Best regards,

Miloš J.

emoji
Children