Studio 2021 - Package for Postediting has many empty target segments, but at the client they are filled in, nobody knows why in my Program they are empty, can anybody help with a solution?

Yesterday I had a really bad problem with Studio 2021. There are two columns, English on the left and German on the right, and since they are pre-translated with MT, the German column must also be full. So I do post-editing. For me, about 20 segments of German were empty, even though they were all there for the customer. In three different computers of three different colleagues there, everything was complete. They sent me three new packages, all the same. Then I had the service company for SDL Studio here in Sofia check it out, and they had the same file with 20 empty segments, just like mine, even on different computers and in three different program versions. Can you explain something like that, it must be a huge bug at Studio, nobody can explain what's going on. Then my customer sent me a bilingual review file so that I could at least fill the segments manually. I then updated the package with this file, and the segments in Studio still remained just as empty as before. What is going on here? This is not the first time I have had such problems, and no other translator who works for you has had these problems either. But: the service company here in Bulgaria had exactly the same problem as me. I would like the developers to be notified of this problem and to provide me with a solution, because my customer almost took the job away from me because of the problem. This is not allowed to happen!

emoji
Parents
  •  

I would like the developers to be notified of this problem and to provide me with a solution, because my customer almost took the job away from me because of the problem. This is not allowed to happen!

Well... I guess a few things to note:

1. you're using 2021 which is not really supported anymore so even if it is a bug it won't be fixed for that version
    2. you told us a nice story and provided zero details for us to actually comment on your problem

If you can send us the offending package we'll happily take a look.  But only in the 2024 version.  Perhaps you can download and install the trial and see if you still have the same problem with that version.  If you do then you'll have proper attention.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
  •  

I would like the developers to be notified of this problem and to provide me with a solution, because my customer almost took the job away from me because of the problem. This is not allowed to happen!

Well... I guess a few things to note:

1. you're using 2021 which is not really supported anymore so even if it is a bug it won't be fixed for that version
    2. you told us a nice story and provided zero details for us to actually comment on your problem

If you can send us the offending package we'll happily take a look.  But only in the 2024 version.  Perhaps you can download and install the trial and see if you still have the same problem with that version.  If you do then you'll have proper attention.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
Children
No Data