File types filters - Microsoft Office

Hi to all,

I would like to point out a minor problem when dealing with File Types filters, in particular those regarding MS Office applications.

I perfectly know that the MS Office 2016 package has been released (and I’m using it in combination with WIN 10 Pro without any particular problem), but the MS Office package file types filters in Studio 2015 show a minor problem that could generate confusion when loading a file.

I mean, if I look through the Options > File Types > MS Word 2007-2013 File Types filter panel:

I see that the fields “Name of individual document”, “Name of document category” and “Description” (all unmodifiable) refer to Microsoft Word 2007-2016, while the field “File type identifier” appears correct.

If I open the Options > File Types > MS Word 2007-2016 File Types filter panel:

unmodifiable fields “Name of individual document” and “Name of document category” are the same, while “File type identifier” and “Description” change accordingly.

As I have encountered minor issues when loading, processing, saving and reopening MS Word 2013 documents after having used the Microsoft Word 2007-2016 filter (e.g., see here), this might be confusing when we specifically want to load a document using a proper file type filter, taking into consideration that in the file types list always appears "MS Office 2007-2016 Documents (*.docx, *dotx, *.docm, *.dotm)", even when I have selected the file type filter MS Word 2007-2013.

A similar problem appears in Options > Microsoft Excel 2007-2013 File Types and in Options > Microsoft PowerPoint 2007-2013 File Types panels.

To avoid any possible confusion, is it possible to change the fields “Name of individual document” and “Name of document category” of the Microsoft Word 2007-2013 file types panel to the proper file type (say, “Microsoft Word 2007-2013”) or, at least, unlock and making them editable by the final user?

Thank you.