Is it possible to add pre-defined field information to new terms in a termbase?

Dear Studio 2015 users,

I am about to work on a Studio project that has a termbase sent by the client.

I am planning to add new terms on the fly to that termbase, but I would like to label these terms as "draft".  Is there a feature in termbase that works like "field" in Studio, that would add that information automatically without having to label it manually for each new term?

Thank you so much for your suggestions.

Chunyi

Parents Reply
  • Editing the answer I just posted:

Actually, cancel that: I finally realised that the reason the 'Next' button was greyed out, is that I had no language fields in my structure.

However, I now have a new problem. I have successfully created the input model. The input model preview shows exactly what I want: new terms added will automatically be assigned two values: 'Customer A' (from a 'Customer' picklist with options A, B and C), and 'Agency B' (from an 'Agency' picklist with options A, B and C):

I have opened my project in Studio and selected the input model in the termbase viewer (note to any other Studio 2017 users reading this: unlike in the video, the 'Default View' of the Termbase Viewer in Studio 2017 does not contain the Input Model field. You have to switch to one of the other views (e.g. Flag View), select your input model, and then switch back to 'Default View'. I say 'switch back to 'Default View' because in this view, when you add new terms on the fly while translating, they are automatically saved to your termbase, whereas in the other views, it seems you have to manually click the Save icon each time...).

I can successfully add a new term to my termbase while translating, and the input model is active: however, it is assigning the same default value to BOTH fields:

I don't see where this problem is coming from: my Termbase definition clearly shows that the 'Customer' picklist options are Customer A/Customer B/Customer C, and the 'Agency' picklist options are Agency A/Agency B/Agency C:

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Children
No Data