Unable to open xlf files in Windows 10 with SDL Trados Studio 2014 Freelance

I've recently updated to Windows 10 and now I'm unable to open xlf files in SDL Trados Studio 2014. I get an error that reads: "The identified target language does not match the expected project language". I know it has nothing to do with language codes, as I've had no problem opening the same files in a Windows 7 and Windows 8 PC. Any help?

I attach error message. Thanks in advance!!!!

Parents
  • Hi Violeta,

I do think it may be related to language codes.  Studio takes the codes it supports from the operating system, so if you were to check in three different operating systems you would see different languages available to you.

However, it would be a good idea to tell us exactly what languages are in your project (main language and sub language, so en-GB or de-AT for example) and also take a look with a text editor and see what languages are in the XLIFF file you are working with.

It might also be helpful if you did attach the error message in full.  You can do that by saving the error message to your desktop and then attach that file (it's an xml file) to here:

Regards

Paul

• Hi Paul. Thanks for your reply. The project languages are these:

source language: en-US

target language: es-LA

This happens with XLF files only.

I thought it was all about Windows 10, as I'd had no problem at all with xlf files in Windows 7 or 8. 

I attach details of the error message. 

My SDL Trados instructor does not know how to solve this issue and suggested my getting back to you for an answer. What shall I do?

Thanks in advance,

Violeta

<SDLErrorDetails time="15/04/2016 04:33:03 p.m.">
      <ErrorMessage>El idioma de destino detectado no coincide con el idioma esperado por el proyecto.</ErrorMessage>
      <Exception>
        <Type>Sdl.TranslationStudio.Api.TranslationStudioException, Sdl.TranslationStudio.Api, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c28cdb26c445c888</Type>
        <HelpLink />
        <Source>Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor</Source>
        <HResult>-2146233088</HResult>
        <StackTrace><![CDATA[   en Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.TranslationEditor.TranslatableDocument.ResolveLanguages(IMultiFileConverter converter)
       en Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.TranslationEditor.TranslatableDocument.Load(IJobExecutionContext context)
       en Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Services.JobRequest.Execute(IJobExecutionContext context)
       en Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.Services.Job.<_worker_DoWork>b__3()
       en Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.Services.Log.Resources(Object message, Action action)
       en Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.Services.Job._worker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
       en System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
       en System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)]]></StackTrace>
      </Exception>
      <Environment>
        <ProductName>SDL Trados Studio</ProductName>
        <ProductVersion>11.0.0.0</ProductVersion>
        <EntryAssemblyFileVersion>11.2.4422.11</EntryAssemblyFileVersion>
        <OperatingSystem>Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language</OperatingSystem>
        <ServicePack>NULL</ServicePack>
        <OperatingSystemLanguage>3082</OperatingSystemLanguage>
        <CodePage>1252</CodePage>
        <LoggedOnUser>Viole\Violeta</LoggedOnUser>
        <DotNetFrameWork>4.0.30319.42000</DotNetFrameWork>
        <ComputerName>VIOLE</ComputerName>
        <ConnectedToNetwork>True</ConnectedToNetwork>
        <PhysicalMemory>8285464 MB</PhysicalMemory>
      </Environment>
    </SDLErrorDetails>

• Hi Violet,

>target language: es-LA

I don't think es-LA is supported by Trados.

es-LA doesn't seem to be a valid code:

However Trados follows RFC 1766 and doesn't seem to have that code:

• Hi Paul

Did you get this message yesterday?

Hi Paul. Thanks for your reply. The project languages are these:

I thought it was all about Windows 10, as I'd had no problem at all with xlf files in Windows 7 or 8. 

I attach details of the error message below. 

My SDL Trados instructor does not know how to solve this issue and suggested my getting back to you for an answer. What shall I do?

Thanks in advance,

Violeta

<ErrorMessage>El idioma de destino detectado no coincide con el idioma esperado por el proyecto.</ErrorMessage>
      <Exception>
        <Type>Sdl.TranslationStudio.Api.TranslationStudioException, Sdl.TranslationStudio.Api, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c28cdb26c445c888</Type>
        <HelpLink />
        <StackTrace><![CDATA[   en Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.TranslationEditor.TranslatableDocument.ResolveLanguages(IMultiFileConverter converter)
       en Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.TranslationEditor.TranslatableDocument.Load(IJobExecutionContext context)
       en Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Services.JobRequest.Execute(IJobExecutionContext context)
       en Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.Services.Log.Resources(Object message, Action action)
       en Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.Services.Job._worker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
       en System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)]]></StackTrace>
      </Exception>
      <Environment>
      </Environment>
    </SDLErrorDetails>

• Hi Paul

Did you get this message yesterday?

Hi Paul. Thanks for your reply. The project languages are these:

I attach details of the error message below. 

Thanks in advance,

Violeta

<Exception>
        <HelpLink />
      </Exception>
      <Environment>
      </Environment>
    </SDLErrorDetails>

Children
No Data