This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Find and Replace dialog box does not seem to appear anywhere.

Hello, 

Whenever I use the find and replace option in SDL Studio 2014 the dialog box does not appear anywhere. I am using windows 10 home, 64 bit. It does appear on the taskbar as a new window but it just doesn't appear on the screen. 

I am also having an issue with another PC and SDL Studio 2015. I am working on a very large merged file, whenever I open it it takes a while and windows says that Trados is not responding. I leave it for about 3 minutes and it opens. Whenever I try to use the find and replace option it freezes again and I have to restart SDL Trados 2015. I try this on another PC that has SDL Trados 2014 Freelance version and it works very smoothly. How can this be? 

Thanks. 

Peter. 

[locked by: Steven Whale at 12:45 PM (GMT 1) on 2 Sep 2020]
Parents
  • Hello Peter,

If the "Search and Replace" window appears on the taskbar, right click it there and then select "Move" (if you are using Windows 8 or 10 you might have to hold down the SHIFT key before right-clicking in order to get the "Move" menu item to show up). After you selected "Move", press the "arrow" buttons on your keyboard, and then move your mouse: the "Find and Replace" button should be now "glued" to your mouse so you can bring it forward. As Walter mentioned in the previous post, this issue usually appears if you are using a multi-monitor setup and then unplug one of the screens.

For your second issue, I believe that the problem might be caused by the PC specs. When dealing with large documents it is for the best to have a 64bit Operating System and 4 (or more)GB of RAM. I think that the computer on which Studio 2014 is installed has better specifications and that is the reason why it handles your merged file better.

Hope this helps.

Vlad

Vlad Bondor | Senior Technical Support Manager | SDL

• Dear Vlad

In my instance this concerns an installation just on one brand new laptop with 64bit OS and 8 GB of RAM. No second monitor involved. Just a straight installation on 1 laptop and it still does not work. Not what you expect when you spend extra money. :-(  So I am back to Studio 2017.

Best

Alexandra

• Hello ,

I have just come across your post by accident-

It is always a good idea to start a new thread if the post is old and there has been no activity for a couple of weeks - otherwise as nearly in this case your post wont be seen.

You can always start a new question at any time...

Also to ensure a message is sent to a specific person always start typing the name with an @ at the beginning

Could you explain exactly what is happening on your screen please- as missing programs should not be in issue with new machines/new installations with no second monitor.

If you can post screeen shots this would be most helpfull.

Lydia Simplicio | RWS Group

_______
    Design your own training!

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

• Hello ,

I have just come across your post by accident-

It is always a good idea to start a new thread if the post is old and there has been no activity for a couple of weeks - otherwise as nearly in this case your post wont be seen.

You can always start a new question at any time...

Also to ensure a message is sent to a specific person always start typing the name with an @ at the beginning

Could you explain exactly what is happening on your screen please- as missing programs should not be in issue with new machines/new installations with no second monitor.

If you can post screeen shots this would be most helpfull.

Lydia Simplicio | RWS Group

_______
    Design your own training!

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

Children
No Data