This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Find and Replace dialog box does not seem to appear anywhere.

Hello, 

Whenever I use the find and replace option in SDL Studio 2014 the dialog box does not appear anywhere. I am using windows 10 home, 64 bit. It does appear on the taskbar as a new window but it just doesn't appear on the screen. 

I am also having an issue with another PC and SDL Studio 2015. I am working on a very large merged file, whenever I open it it takes a while and windows says that Trados is not responding. I leave it for about 3 minutes and it opens. Whenever I try to use the find and replace option it freezes again and I have to restart SDL Trados 2015. I try this on another PC that has SDL Trados 2014 Freelance version and it works very smoothly. How can this be? 

Thanks. 

Peter. 

[locked by: Steven Whale at 12:45 PM (GMT 1) on 2 Sep 2020]
Parents
  • Hello All,

I've just had a similar case - the Find/Replace box kept disappearing (although I could see it for an instant).

I work on two monitors. A week ago, I bought a larger monitor to replace the small one on the left. Having this problem, I looked up the advice above but it diddn't work: the box would vanish. Then I got a brainwave.

1) Check which screen is primary. Right-click the desktop, choose something like NVidia display panel or a similar utility.

2) See what sequence of screens you are using.

3) To solve my case, basically I had to make the left-hand screen primary again. What had happened though when I hooked up the new monitor, was that my computer switched the primary to the other (right) screen. This status is indicated on Windows by the full System Tray at the bottom (including the clock, date and other icons).

4) After reverting to the original working space (left-primary / right-secondary) I can enjoy the Find/Replace box again.

Good luck,

Tomek

• Hello All,

I've just had a similar case - the Find/Replace box kept disappearing (although I could see it for an instant).

I work on two monitors. A week ago, I bought a larger monitor to replace the small one on the left. Having this problem, I looked up the advice above but it diddn't work: the box would vanish. Then I got a brainwave.

1) Check which screen is primary. Right-click the desktop, choose something like NVidia display panel or a similar utility.

2) See what sequence of screens you are using.

3) To solve my case, basically I had to make the left-hand screen primary again. What had happened though when I hooked up the new monitor, was that my computer switched the primary to the other (right) screen. This status is indicated on Windows by the full System Tray at the bottom (including the clock, date and other icons).

4) After reverting to the original working space (left-primary / right-secondary) I can enjoy the Find/Replace box again.

Good luck,

Tomek

Children