Would you consider developing Studio for Mac platforms?

Hello, I've been using Studio 2015 for 2 years now. I've got a Mac Book Pro with a QWERTY keyboard on which I installed a virtual machine running Windows 7. I translate En->Fr and of course the keyboard shortcuts are different for Mac and Windows. I can't imagine I'm the only translator working on Mac who would love to get Studio on this platform instead of constantly switching from one platform to another.

Parents
  • Hi Delphine

You can adapt the keyboard shortcuts, both virtualization programs (Parallels and VMWare Fusion) allow this. Once properly configured, running Studio and MultiTerm under Parallels or Fusion on a Mac is a positive experience with very little drawbacks compared to running it natively.

There are many MacBook Pro users who use Studio and MultiTerm daily on their MacBook, not just me but also some other SDL trainers and they are all very happy.
    Personally, I don't see the need for spending a huge amount of money to develop a native Mac version, given the fact that you can use the SW on a Mac without problems. I think it would be very hard to justify the investement.

Walter
  • Hi Delphine

You can adapt the keyboard shortcuts, both virtualization programs (Parallels and VMWare Fusion) allow this. Once properly configured, running Studio and MultiTerm under Parallels or Fusion on a Mac is a positive experience with very little drawbacks compared to running it natively.

There are many MacBook Pro users who use Studio and MultiTerm daily on their MacBook, not just me but also some other SDL trainers and they are all very happy.
    Personally, I don't see the need for spending a huge amount of money to develop a native Mac version, given the fact that you can use the SW on a Mac without problems. I think it would be very hard to justify the investement.

Walter
Children
No Data