Error with Subtitling Preview

Hello Paul,

i followed the webinar, downloaded the plug-in and followed the steps listed. I do see the new file type and the Subtitling Preview option in the control pannel from the Editor view. However, when I clic on it, I have the error (see capture). I use a simple srt file. Is there something I am doing wrong?

Thank you

Valérie

• Hi

I think a View -> Reset Window Layout might solve this problem for you.  If it doesn't then try resetting Studio.  You could use this app for the reset and this will also explain what you will lose by carrying out a reset before you do it:

appstore.sdl.com/.../

But if you'd rather do this manually then rename this folder (just add _old to the end or something, it's not important what you rename it to) and restart Studio:

c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\15.0.0.0

So the path would become this:

c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\15.0.0.0_old

If you can't find this folder then you need to unhide your hidden files/folders:

www.howtogeek.com/.../

• Hi @Valérie

I also had that once. I had to close down Studio, open it again and delete the source file that the video was associated with. In my case it had to do with how the video was encoded I think. I did not have to reset anything.

Daniel

EDIT: I looked this up in my log and I actually had a different error occur with a .wmv file:

Error dialog box in SDL Trados Studio with message: Unable to return a TimeSpan property value for a Duration value of 'Automatic'. Check the HasTimeSpan property before requesting the TimeSpan property value from a Duration.

I tried hard to reproduce it now, but did not manage. Here's my stacktrace:

<SDLErrorDetails time="03-May-19 08:06:42">
      <ErrorMessage>Unable to return a TimeSpan property value for a Duration value of 'Automatic'. Check the HasTimeSpan property before requesting the TimeSpan property value from a Duration.</ErrorMessage>
      <Exception>
        <Type>System.InvalidOperationException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089</Type>
        <HelpLink />
        <Source>PresentationCore</Source>
        <HResult>-2146233079</HResult>
        <StackTrace><![CDATA[   at System.Windows.Duration.get_TimeSpan()
       at StudioSubtitling.View.MediaElementView.MediaElement_OnMediaOpened(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
       at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
       at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
       at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Controls.AVElementHelper.OnMediaOpened(Object sender, EventArgs args)
       at System.Windows.Media.UniqueEventHelper.InvokeEvents(Object sender, EventArgs args)
       at System.Windows.Media.MediaPlayerState.OnMediaOpened(Object sender, EventArgs args)
       at System.Windows.Media.UniqueEventHelper.InvokeEvents(Object sender, EventArgs args)
       at System.Windows.Media.MediaEventsHelper.OnMediaPrerolled(Object o)
       at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
       at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
       at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
       at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(Object state)
       at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.CallbackWrapper(Object obj)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(CulturePreservingExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
       at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
       at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
       at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
       at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
       at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
       at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
       at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
       at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
       at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.Studio.Run()
       at Sdl.TranslationStudio.Application.ApplicationStartup.RunApplication()
       at Sdl.TranslationStudio.Application.Launcher.RunApplication()]]></StackTrace>
      </Exception>
      <Environment>
        <ProductName>SDL Trados Studio</ProductName>
        <ProductVersion>15.0.0.0</ProductVersion>
        <EntryAssemblyFileVersion>15.1.2.48878</EntryAssemblyFileVersion>
        <OperatingSystem>Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise</OperatingSystem>
        <ServicePack>NULL</ServicePack>
        <OperatingSystemLanguage>1033</OperatingSystemLanguage>
        <CodePage>1252</CodePage>
        <LoggedOnUser>danielhug</LoggedOnUser>
        <DotNetFrameWork>4.0.30319.42000</DotNetFrameWork>
        <ComputerName>ABCD</ComputerName>
        <ConnectedToNetwork>True</ConnectedToNetwork>
        <PhysicalMemory>12581868 MB</PhysicalMemory>
      </Environment>
    </SDLErrorDetails>

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 10:50 AM (GMT 0) on 4 Mar 2024]
  • Hello,

thank you Paul. I already did this last week. I did it again this morning and it is not working (same error). It might be the file like Daniel suggested below. Is there a way to know if this kind of file is corrupted?

• When I think about it, it's not the file since I can convert it into an xliff and generate target translations. Trados Studio interface showing a list of translation segments with source and target columns. Some segments are highlighted indicating active translation or selection.

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 10:51 AM (GMT 0) on 4 Mar 2024]
  • Hello, have you been able to proceed? I still get the message. Re-installed plugin, updated Studio 2019 which incurred the necessary upgrade to Multiterm and .dotnet.  I do not see a final response.

Thanks,  Ron

• Hello, no, I was not able to proceed. I have re-installed the plug-in 3 times, I upgraded Studio and Multiterm, Windows update are also done... I still get the error message with the plugin.

• Hi ,

I'd be happy to look at these with you next week if you have time?  Drop me an email and we can set up a call to look together over Skype or Team Viewer - pfilkin@sdl.com

• Hi

I don't think this is related at all.  Can you reproduce this with your files and if you can are you able to share them with me?